Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yes it can be done. It’s been years since I’ve done it but the instructions are out there. I believe it’s more than changing the file name however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Yes it can be done. It’s been years since I’ve done it but the instructions are out there. I believe it’s more than changing the file name however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All there was to it was changing the file name . it was so easy I am sure HD has found away to stop it by now.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Is it Possible...I have seen it on the older radios.....Just like the looks of it....Any ideas ?
I just did it and it is very simple. When you go to the HD software update download page just download the file for the CVO version of your system. The open the zip file and save the main file to your desk top. Right click and rename file. I just deleted the CVO from the file name and left everything else the same. Transfer to a thumbdrive and do your normal update sequence. Once updated it will show the CVO graphics at startup. That simple.

Yup. Buy a CVO.
You would think so but there is a way to do what he is asking. Must be a small thing that HD doesn't really care about.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
no, i don't think so. seems that once hd has something labeled as a 'restricted' part, they kind of forget about it and it stays that way.

the 100th anniversary emblems are still restricted, and those weren't even cvo's. the tank emblems from my 2013 cvo are still restricted, and they don't even say 'custom vehicle operations' on them.

but you are correct that there are a lot of aftermarket options available for those now. all with varying degrees of quality, so buyer beware on those.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Give it time. Those will be avilable when they have moved on to something newer. Plenty of after market ones now though.
Already have the aftermarkets on my Tank...but I know deep inside they are knock offs....damn mild case of OCD when it comes to bikes

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I just did it and it is very simple. When you go to the HD software update download page just download the file for the CVO version of your system. The open the zip file and save the main file to your desk top. Right click and rename file. I just deleted the CVO from the file name and left everything else the same. Transfer to a thumbdrive and do your normal update sequence. Once updated it will show the CVO graphics at startup. That simple.

You would think so but there is a way to do what he is asking. Must be a small thing that HD doesn't really care about.
The GTS doesn't have different software for the CVO. It's all the same. The 6.5GT on the other hand does. The original question was in reference to the GTS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The GTS doesn't have different software for the CVO. It's all the same. The 6.5GT on the other hand does. The original question was in reference to the GTS.
Yes this is 100 percent True. I have a feeling it may be locked in radio. And I work for a harley Dealer. Lol. The issue with restricted parts is wierd. Some parts you can order some you can not. My bike is Laguna orange so I ordered CVO seat with orange stitching. It was not restricted.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I'm curious what the CVO start up screen even looks like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts