Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2015 Road Glide Special last night and these are the dyno results. Let me know your thoughts.

Stage 1) Arlen Ness Big Sucker, Vance and Hines Pro Pipe, Screaming Eagle Tuner

Max HP: 85.21
Max Torque: 101.52

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
You will here it from someone, so I may as well say it. The Dyno operator should have had the smoothing as SAE. STD just makes the numbers look a little better. But it looks really smooth.

Congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will here it from someone, so I may as well say it. The Dyno operator should have had the smoothing as SAE. STD just makes the numbers look a little better. But it looks really smooth.

Congrats on the new bike.
I have no clue about anything when it comes to Dyno'ing, but if given more details I will bring it to my dealerships attention.

·
Registered
94 Posts
SAE is more real world conditions and is generally 2.5-3% less than STD.

This is from a magazine article on "dynojet" dynos.

SAE j1349 correction:
29.23 in/hg.
77 degree temp
0 percent humidity

Standard correction:
29.92 in/hg.
68 degree temp
0 percent humidity

·
Registered
94 Posts
As long as you enjoy it, ride like you stole it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
First, I am not saying there is anything wrong with your bike.

The way that the operator configured the chart Mount Everest would look like a table top. You cannot compare your torque / hp curves to anyone else's because of the way your chart is configured.

Exactly why did he feel that it was necessary to allow for negative hp / tq? Do our bikes often produce negative hp / tq. What would be the actual effect (would my bike roll backwards?) if it produced negative hp / tq?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First, I am not saying there is anything wrong with your bike.

The way that the operator configured the chart Mount Everest would look like a table top. You cannot compare your torque / hp curves to anyone else's because of the way your chart is configured.

Exactly why did he feel that it was necessary to allow for negative hp / tq? Do our bikes often produce negative hp / tq. What would be the actual effect (would my bike roll backwards?) if it produced negative hp / tq?
Honestly brother, I don't know how to respond to your questions. I don't know enough about Dyno'ing to dispute or understand the details.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Honestly brother, I don't know how to respond to your questions. I don't know enough about Dyno'ing to dispute or understand the details.
Glad you understood that I was not ragging on you or your bike. (Some folks are stupid sensitive).
I just don't understand the reasoning behind the chart layout.

Don't forget, the most important dyno is your butt dyno. If it brings a big grin to your face every time you twist the throttle then it is most certainly a good thing! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts