Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 RG, and the dash console is hidious. What dash console are you guys running?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hmmmm, I don't find mine to be hideous....but I DO want to black it out. In my opinion the smooth custom dashes look best on a stretched tank. But I don't want to go that far so I'm gonna stick with blacking it out.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm, I don't find mine to be hideous....but I DO want to black it out. In my opinion the smooth custom dashes look best on a stretched tank. But I don't want to go that far so I'm gonna stick with blacking it out.
I guess I can just black mine out and put a different inlay in it.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Well, you can do anything you want..I just think "personally" that blacked out....It looks pretty good. If you want a Arlen Ness style or something...do it! But I suspect my wallet will be happier if I just black out the stock one, hahaha

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, you can do anything you want..I just think "personally" that blacked out....It looks pretty good. If you want a Arlen Ness style or something...do it! But I suspect my wallet will be happier if I just black out the stock one, hahaha
Well, I am doing a complete blackout.

I've seen some neat looking inserts for the '07 and earlier consoles over at Iron Glass Design. Would definitatly be unique.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
That's my plan as well....blacking it out.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
^^^^^^^^^Bars are Handlebar Lee 18" Cordovas

Made by the man himself in east LA near Florence and normandie

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you, does the gas cap twist off or do you push down on it and it pops up?

That Ness console is nice.

To the OP, black it out. Will look good.
I plan on blacking it out, I'm debating if I want to continue the wrinkle black theme my bike already has as I bought it, or start going with gloss black.

Majority of my parts are wrinkle blacked right now; hand controls, handle bars, crash bar, passenger floorboards, and the tourpack mount (I think that's what it is). I eventually want to repaint my bike with like a matte orange/black theme, so I think the wrinkle black would look good and of course save some cash.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Thank you, does the gas cap twist off or do you push down on it and it pops up?

I plan on blacking it out, I'm debating if I want to continue the wrinkle black theme my bike already has as I bought it, or start going with gloss black.

Majority of my parts are wrinkle blacked right now; hand controls, handle bars, crash bar, passenger floorboards, and the tourpack mount (I think that's what it is). I eventually want to repaint my bike with like a matte orange/black theme, so I think the wrinkle black would look good and of course save some cash.

My bike is getting everything PC'd gloss black so I am a bit partial but I like it either way, so long as it's all blacked out.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I lean towards gloss black as well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Gas cap is push down, twist 1/4 turn, pops up and thread off
Only stuck once, fiddled with it and off it came
For the price and look I'm happy and it was close to powder coat mine after the CA tax for EPA. Looks way better IMO

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went with the Yaffe dresser dash on mine. I was using the OEM gas cap, my black pop-up cap wasn't in yet.

I also have a couple OEM dashs that I had powdercoated with some other parts of mine that I am selling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts