Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at aftermarket dashboards. I found one I really like, by Arlen Ness, but it says "Does not work with Factory seat"....?

Has anyone bought this dash insert or one similar? What about a factory seat won't work with the dash?

Does anyone have something similar that does work with a factory seat?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I have looked at these, they look nice and slim compared to the stock. But, its not metal which is what I would be after so I could powder coat it. And no, it won't work with a stock seat because of the way the bottom is shaped. You would have to be able to bend your seats nose up and thats not possible, or your seat would sit up in the front and would really leave gaps around the seat and tank and frame and that would look and feel out of place.

They make these to be designed to work with the seats that they offer which really sucks, but is a good marketing scheme on their part just not on our wallets.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have looked at these, they look nice and slim compared to the stock. But, its not metal which is what I would be after so I could powder coat it. And no, it won't work with a stock seat because of the way the bottom is shaped. You would have to be able to bend your seats nose up and thats not possible, or your seat would sit up in the front and would really leave gaps around the seat and tank and frame and that would look and feel out of place.

They make these to be designed to work with the seats that they offer which really sucks, but is a good marketing scheme on their part just not on our wallets.

He is 100% correct about the seat. I bought one and it made the nose of my seat sit way up in the air. I took it off right away and sent it back.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
230 Posts
I bought it in gloss black for use on my 13 RGC with la pera DDL seat. Works great for me, can't comment on stock seat use. Looks great, fit and quality top notch and gas cap is flush. Much lower than stock dash, looks custom

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input! My bike came with the Screamin Eagle seat, not a stock seat, but I'm sure it would cause issues as well. I'll keep looking for different dashes. I like how low profile and simple the Ness one is, but I really don't want a different seat just to get a different dash.

·
Registered
960 Posts
My buddy has the Paul Yaffe dash and it's very nice but you'd have to get it painted.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just a thought but maybe it's designed to work properly with a street glide or a road king seat both of which are shorter in the front part that overhangs the tank then maybe there wouldn't be any part of the seat to BE held up in the air. JMHO

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts