Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TEX-AR-KANA, TEXAS!!! I can't help but saying that like Buford T. Justice every time I say it.

So, my wife has some kind of seminar to go to toward the end of the month in Texarkana. I told I'd go with her, but I'll bring the bike and check out the area.

I'll have 2 or 3 days free. I've done a lot of riding in Arkansas, but mostly the northwest and central parts. What's down south that's good to ride? There's the Talimena skyway, but I've done that a few times. What else?

Thanks. -Jay

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Mena Mt. and lunch at Queen Wilhemina <sp> Lodge. Great burger there with even better views.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Lots of great piney wood riding between Texarkana and Nacogdoches. I camped at Martin Creek Lake State Park in Tatum last March and explored the area thoroughly. Find Cushing on the map and ride there, any and all roads in, out and around there are fun ones. Stop at the 7th St. Cafe and strap on the ol' feedbag. Texas Monthly rated it as one of the top 5 out of the way places to eat in Texas.

·
Registered
128 Posts
There is some nice riding around Jefferson, Uncertain and Lake of the Pines in Texas. A couple places for eating and cold beverages include Auntie Skinners, Big Pines Lodge and Uncertain Tavern. Some nice back road riding in the area. You could even head up towards Beaver's Bend in Oklahoma as well. When are you coming in?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fantastic. Thanks guys. That's exactly the kind of info I need.

Joe: I'll most likely check out the Talimena and QW lodge while I'm there, but I've been there a couple of times, so ... maybe.

Andyman: Thanks for the tip about Cushing. I'll check that out.

ARDiverDown: Uncertain Tavern... I like the sound of that. Sounds like a good picture opportunity. I'll be in the area March 23, 24, and possibly 25.

Cmathias: I've done the Pig Trail, and it's great. Mt Magazine is one of my favorite places. Wife and I stayed in one of their cabins for a few days in '08.. georgeous view, and the cabins there are superb. Complete with a jacuzzi on the deck overlooking the valley. I need to get back there.

Cheers. -Jay

·
Registered
128 Posts
Uncertain Tavern is in Uncertain, TX. It's an old style bar that often cooks fish on the weekend. They are very bike friendly and good folks. Jefferson is a neat old river town that is also biker friendly. I will be out of town that Friday but should be back in time to catch a cold beverage with you before you leave. Just let me know.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good. I should have Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday free. I'm pretty good at entertaining myself, so I'm sure I'll find lots to do. Maybe we could meet up on Saturday?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts