Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I had them on my SG. The Kuryakyn ones. Loved them. Im on the fence with my RG because of drilling the hole in the fairing. Looks good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was the same - have friend who is comfortable with custom work - bought the new mount and lights from HD - he advised was a simple install. I do a lot night riding - -so I want to be as bright as possible.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Wow that looks great. I have some installed on my crash bar but never really liked them down there. Speaking of crash bar, which one do you have and what year is your bike. I really like the look of that!

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
I have them on my 16 and 17, I mounted them on the crash bars because I wanted the triangle effect and also want to light up the roadside/shoulder. I'm very happy with them so far.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had them on both my 16 RGS (fairing mount) and my 17 RGU (engine guard mount). Honestly, I think they are more noticeable on the engine guard. Plus their way easier to install on the guard as well. The fairing mount seemed really complicated between drilling the holes, routing the wire, and cutting the turn signal wire on a new bike. I think I'm going engine guard from now on. The light they Supply is better lower to the ground as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Considering additional lighting options (bright LED) on my 17 RGU. I'd like to see decent pictures of both types of installs if folks can share them.

Thanks!

Matt
Bettendorf, Iowa

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Haven't installed mine yet, but purchased a set of Clearwater Darla dimmable lights to mount lower. Will post pics when I get a chance to install. There are pictures on their webpage though - https://www.clearwaterlights.com/products/darla-harley-davidson

Considering additional lighting options (bright LED) on my 17 RGU. I'd like to see decent pictures of both types of installs if folks can share them.

Thanks!

Matt
Bettendorf, Iowa

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The guy who did my install did a very clean job - was no big deal - Harley sells new mount for turn signals and Daymaker light mounting. I see your point but as in any mod - it is opinion.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Haven't installed mine yet, but purchased a set of Clearwater Darla dimmable lights to mount lower. Will post pics when I get a chance to install. There are pictures on their webpage though - https://www.clearwaterlights.com/products/darla-harley-davidson
I ordered a set of the Darlas for my 15RGS. I do a lot of night riding and needed more illumination on the road. Was looking @ the daymaker fog lights but I'm just not a fan of drilling the fairing and having more shit hanging off the sides. As long as I've ridden bikes Clearwater has had the rep of being bright/effective. I seen that they made a fork mounted setup for my Shark so I jumped on it! They are pricey but well worth it when you see the results. When I went to pick my bike up from the shop the mechanics kept sayin how damn bright they were and how they'll see me coming from the moon!

Don't have many pics but here's 2 that show them mounted. I like how they don't stick out and kinda blend in with the bike. They even mounted my dimmer switch on the speedo housing so it's not real noticeable but easy to use and get to when needed

·
Registered
7 Posts
bmcadam1,

Love the looks! I want to install them also. Do a lot of early morning riding.

Did you buy the fog light wire harness and use the left AUX power switch to control them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts