Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 RGU vivid black
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested in the new HD daymaker fog lights I stopped by Horny Toad HD the other day while I was down in Texas and met Jon (PCpain) and David and they are both super nice. He will be able to beat just about any price you can find on the lights. Kind of like he does on everything for us.

·
Super Moderator
12,746 Posts
They retail for $400 and you still have to buy a mounting kit, and the wiring kit also. :eek: The auxillary daymakers for the Batwings cost the same, are 4" compared to 2.5" and come with everything included. They maybe good, but even with a discount I think they are a little pricey to not come complete, I know......it's HD, lol. I too would like to see them on a bike before I pass final judgement.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
They retail for $400 and you still have to buy a mounting kit, and the wiring kit also. :eek: The auxillary daymakers for the Batwings cost the same, are 4" compared to 2.5" and come with everything included. They maybe good, but even with a discount I think they are a little pricey to not come complete, I know......it's HD, lol. I too would like to see them on a bike before I pass final judgement.

With everything being seperate, its because there are like 3 different wiring kits, universal, pre-'14, and '14 later. Then there are two different mounts to chose from as far as lower fairings or no lowers. Price is high, but I'd rather pay for what I need then the higher price for all of it! LOL!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Or this:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I have seen the Harley Lights, and the price is outragious. Why spend $400.00, or whatever, when you can build these for under $100.00?

Those are built from the bullet turn signals I replaced with the Kuryakyn driving lights (ok, that part was free, might cost a bit if you have to buy them), a Kuryakyn P Clamp (about $20.00 for two at the dealer), a socket and LED Replacement Halogen style bulb (superbrightleds.com). The bulb is just an LED Equivalent of a low voltage Halogen kitchen track light bulb. You can find them at Lowe's. I now have yellow lenses on them just to stay legal. In many states you are only allowed 4 forward facing white lights. I wired them myself to the Kuryakyn Driving Light circuit (top picture), sealed the access hole with bathtub RTV caulk, been riding with them for over 50,000 miles.

Found the basis for this idea somewhere on this forum. Whoever posted it put them on the brakes. I put mine on the Engine Bar. When you mount the $400.00 Moto Lights on the brakes, they give you new custom Caliper Bolts. Caliper Bolts are custom made so that when they torque down, the are an EXACT length and do not stick out the back. I did not want to mess with the Caliper Bolts. Besides, the headlights do not move, why should these?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts