Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had quite the adventure this weekend. A buddy and I planned on leaving Thursday, from Southern Illinois, and ride down to Orlando, FL. Mother nature had other plans. Right as we were leaving the snow/sleet came in and covered the roads. We ended up trailering the bikes to Nashville, TN and rode into Orlando on Friday. We ran through about 350 miles of heavy rain going down but the weather was great once we arrived. Went to the 500 on Sunday and then left Florida Monday. Arrived back home on Tuesday. Coming back we again had heavy rain all the way from the Florida line to Nashville, TN. Here are some pictures I took along the way -

Covered in ice -
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Cruising through TN -
[/IMG]

Florida -
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

All in all it was an awesome trip!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Man, that is quite the ride this time of year. Looks like you had fun! Where did you park your trailer in Nashville?

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Looks like fun, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Man, that is quite the ride this time of year. Looks like you had fun! Where did you park your trailer in Nashville?
We stayed at the Radisson off of interstate 40 near the airport. They have a secure lot and allow guest to leave their vehicles there without charging any parking fees.

The trip was definitely a blast and quite the adventure even with all of the rain/sleet/snow! I have more pictures but didn't want to bore anyone :)

One more thing - The guys at Tifton Harley Davidson in Tifton, GA are awesome. My buddy's Ultra had starter issues and they were the first dealership we saw. We arrived just before 5pm on Saturday, got his bike checked in, 3 techs pushed the bike (they literally ran it) into the shop, and they had us back on the road in less than an hour. Awesome service!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts