Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
usually stay with a buddy but looks like it is not gonna happen this year.me and wife would like to stay in a cabin and enjoy the people as opposed to staying in hotel she wont camp on ground anybody with any info it would be app

·
Registered
215 Posts
I failed to reserve an "5 night" oceanfront suite that went from $700 to $1300 within two weeks. I'm still wanting to make Daytona Bike Week, with or without wife, and also wondering where a good cheap place would be. I hear Orlando will be cheaper. Only once I stayed in a cabin, it was just an 10x12 out-building. If weather sucks here in 28 days, I may just drive the car, that'll really suck...

·
Registered
354 Posts
We stay at a $29 dollar a night motel that charges $129 a night during bike week and extra for the weekends starting Thursday. No deals in Daytona that week, but the further out, the more traffic getting there, also not good if you are drinking. If you stay on 1A it is very noisy as everyone wants to prove they have the loudest pipes. I still go every year and don't know why. Been there done that.

·
Registered
470 Posts
saw some new cabins that were real nice the other day at Renegades on the River at Cresent city .... the ride into Daytona would be nice.... had lunch there ...very nice has a big tiki bar ....real new

·
Registered
213 Posts
This year is tough. I think we are getting a lot of roll over from people who had to cancel on Biketoberfest. The hurricane messed everything up and shut down many hotels and completely destroyed A1A in Ormond Beach. Last year I paid $550 for a 2 bedroom suite for 3 nights. This year, my guy could barely muster a single bedroom without balcony for $700. We stay at the Wydham "Ocean Walk". We like that we have 24hour bike security and we can walk to and from Main St. Still not a bad rate but, we use a guy that sells off open timeshares and have become used to a certain rate...

Check out South Daytona, Port Orange, maybe even Deland. There are nice hotels in Deland and you are within 20 minutes of the Speedway.

·
Registered
255 Posts
WE got a great deal from a guy who owns a few timeshares in Ormond beach for $100 a night per room for 7 nights. Looks like a decent place on google maps.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
My BIL went ahead and bought a house in Ormond beach a few years ago so he would have a place to stay during bike weeks, and when he just wants to get away. Got it before the bubble in real estate. I've been down a few time during low tourist times. I'd rather enjoy the roads and riding than dealing with the craziness of bike week. Been there, done that, don't care for crowds anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts