Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's early, but we decided to ride to Daytona for Bike Week in March. We're riding south to Key West from there for our 30th wedding anniversary.

Anyone have plans to go?

Anyone know a good hotel or other lodging option in the middle of the mess?

Any insight appreciated.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I know it's early, but we decided to ride to Daytona for Bike Week in March. We're riding south to Key West from there for our 30th wedding anniversary.

Anyone have plans to go?

Anyone know a good hotel or other lodging option in the middle of the mess?

Any insight appreciated.
Me and a riding buddy just made this trip last week. We left upstate SC very early Tuesday morning and found ourselves in Daytona for lunch. After visiting Bruce Rossmeyer's HD and getting some BBQ from the place just across the parking lot, we headed to Key West.

On recommendation from someone on this forum, we got rooms at the Oceanbreeze Inn. Rooms were $139/night (off season rate). The Inn is located at the southern end of the island 2 blocks off of Duval. For the price, I would definitely stay there again.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'll probably ride over; I live about 3 hours away.

Start looking now for a room in Daytona. I have stayed at the Suburban Extended Stay (has kitchenettes) and the Super 8. Both are cheap rooms at "event" prices.

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
We'll be there. We stay at the KOA in Port Orange which is about 5 miles from the Speedway.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll be there. We stay at the KOA in Port Orange which is about 5 miles from the Speedway.
Awesome. What days will y'all be there? We need to meet up. I burned some Hilton points and got a room Mon-Wed at the Hampton in near the speedway.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Just talked to the wife about her opinion on this very trip wednesday. Including going on to Key West. Now that would be a great early spring trip!

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
Awesome. What days will y'all be there? We need to meet up. I burned some Hilton points and got a room Mon-Wed at the Hampton in near the speedway.
Yeah, we need to definitely meet up. We'll be there the 9th thru the 17th.

·
878 Posts
...so just how do y'all propose I get my bike outta here with all the snow we are gonna have at that time of year?...have a blast...i'm gonna be living the dream shoveling...

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Biketoberfest....

You guys and Tracy and Frankie need to come down to Biketoberfest in October too! Riding season is winding down and March is a lifetime away :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Leaving Ilinois on March 8th. Hope to be in Daytona on the 9th and 10th then on to Naples for some beach time. First time at bike week!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hopefully weather is good, riding down from MD on March 8th, staying at Driftwood Resort.
yep,march bike week could be a crap shoot.been there when it was in the 80's and also in the 50's. i like octoberfest better,the weather is more predictable!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
yep,march bike week could be a crap shoot.been there when it was in the 80's and also in the 50's. i like octoberfest better,the weather is more predictable!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah toyin' with the idea of riding down too but it'll have to be a last minute decision because of the weather. Really enjoyed Biketorberfest and would like to do the Key West thing!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Wife & I will be getting a Hotel for the last 3 nights of Bike Week, as far as the other days go I'll probably just ride over & back if I end up heading down....

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Don't have much time to take off from work - I'll likely car train down then ride back to VA.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Camping at Daytona?

I am going to be heading to Daytona for the week. I'll be visiting some family in Orlando as well.

I have the option of staying in Orlando and going back and forth but i would prefer to have a camp site in Daytona for my "Home Base" while i am down there.

I'm going to be dragging a trailer down with my bike and 3 others on it, meeting up with other people in Daytona all traveling from NH and MA.

Can anyone recommend a campground with a tent site that i can have my truck and trailer at the tent site?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm going to be dragging a trailer down with my bike and 3 others on it, meeting up with other people in Daytona all traveling from NH and MA.
Wow! Dragging a trailer and three people from your bike will make your gas mileage suck! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow! Dragging a trailer and three people from your bike will make your gas mileage suck! :rolleyes:
Hah. Took me a minute to catch that one!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Daytona weather should be good that week in March. It's normally warm and dry that time of the year. Key word being "normally".

1 - 20 of 34 Posts