Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on riding from Daytona down US1, Riverside Dr, Tropical Trail
to Grills Riverside Resterant in Eua Gallie, FL. Probably
leave Daytona area about 11 AM, usually make a 'rest area' type stop for Barbara at American Legion Post 1 North of Titusville.
Just a heads up if anyone wants to go.

Chuck

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
i haven't been in the area for many years, but wth would you want to ride down us1? last time i was there it was stoplight after stoplight after stoplight...... now tropical trail would have been a fun ride for sure.

knew the woman who used to own the 'pink' hotel right as you're coming into eau gallie off the causeway. really cool old eccentric..... what have they done with that? she died quite a few years back....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me, once I get past Edgewater/New Smyrna...not so bad.
maybe a light or to in Mims, Scotsmoor...Titusville a couple.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
went to google maps street level view. appears that the hotel that used to be there has been razed (corner of eau gallie blvd and pineapple), maybe a restaurant built on the old site (squid lips?), and a new hotel on the land between the 2 one ways. lots of changes since i've been there.

how was your ride? we had lots of rain :(

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went to google maps street level view. appears that the hotel that used to be there has been razed (corner of eau gallie blvd and pineapple), maybe a restaurant built on the old site (squid lips?), and a new hotel on the land between the 2 one ways. lots of changes since i've been there.

how was your ride? we had lots of rain :(
Grills is near the Eau Gallie Causeway....not Blvd....but we got up and checked the weather radar....and decided not to ride down south because it looked like rain was right over US1/I95....so we rode west and then North to a place called Three Bananas in Cresant City (famous for their sweet potato fries and Honey butter). Great ride up.....and rode back in a drizzle. Not enough to get soaked......enough to cool us down and we were dry by the time we got home.
Rode down to Boot Hill Saloon this afternoon.....got soaked coming home. Some of the rain drops felt like hail...

Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts