Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a nice ride 6-8hrs. Would like to keep it going West south west. out of Daytona as the loop part of my trip I'll bring me across Aligator Alley over to east coast for my ride back up north. Thanks Floridians

·
Registered
814 Posts
You got 8 hrs just to get to the west end of the alley. It's all 6 lanes and boring. What total time are you doing. 4 hrs one way and turnaround? Want to sightsee? Or just ride. Head west on SR 40 . Follow signs to Leesburg. It's mostly scenic. I-4 to I - 75 will take you to the alley's west end then you can complete your ride as you stated.

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you're going to the West side of Florida, take the Tamiami trail (Hwy 41) it has some scenery and you can make a pit stop at Everglades city... Watch for Gators....

·
Registered
354 Posts
6-8 from Day-Naples only. I am down there for a week.
If you want mainly back roads, this is the way I go:

Rt 95 south to exit 202, rt524E
Right on 520
Left on 532
Left on 419
Right on 192
Left on 441
Right on 70 ( you can stay on 70 to 17 and 75 or continue)
Left on 31
Right on 80 ( crosses 75)
Left on Ortiz Ave
follow to Rt41 S

About 300 miles in 5 1/2 hours

There are many other ways, but this is back roads except for the 60 or so miles on 95. You can shorten the trip by taking more of 95, like to 192 or 70.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Last Oct we stayed at our friends place in Cape Coral it is maybe an hr north of Naples,it took us 4 1/2 hrs to get to Daytona,we took 27 to 4 in Orlando then to Ormand Beach.27 runs from Tallahassee to Miami

1 - 6 of 6 Posts