Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna hop on the glide and head down to Jacksonville to have a few beers with my brother. I'll just happen to be there the same time as Daytona bike week. We've decided to cruise over for a day or two and check out the scene. TONS of hotels have mid week vacancies so we can be pretty picky about where to stay. Where is the fun centered at during this event? I'd like to be a short walk to the festivities. Anyone have any tips on most fun areas to stay?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Any of them close to main street. This will put you close to the bars and a lot of vendors.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
There is no one place that is the center of everything.

You have activities at the speedway (vendors, demo rides, vendors and races).

Then there is Beach Street (vendors and one of the Harley shops). Also also has Harley Davidson as a display vendor there.

Main Street (across the river from Beach Street (mainly Bars and vendors)

Destination Daytona (actually in Ormand Beach area) US1 and I95 (Bruce Rossmeyer HD, multiple vendors)

Several miles east of Destination Daytona on US1 there are Vendors and several outdoor bars, Like Iron Horse Saloon.

Then there is the cabbage patch in Samsula, just south of Daytona.

Swap meet at Volusia County fair grounds (New York Avenue in Deland) West of Daytona,

I'm sure I'm missing some, but it's best to get a map when you get there of areas and events.

·
Registered
323 Posts
He is correct though things are spread out there is a lot going on at many different places. But main street is a jumping place day and night. I 2nd the get a map when you get there idea lots to see. Oh and make sure you ride the loop.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
336 Posts
I been living in Daytona for 10yrs. and I got to be honest, Every year that Bike Week and Biketober roll around there's less bikes and less Vendors that are coming in. I dont know if its a sign of the times or whatever but I remember about 5-6 yrs. ago during Bikeweek, when you coudn't ride just about anywhere in Daytona without hitting major traffic Jams and Vendors where everywhere. Sure there is a Ton of Bikes still and alot of action on Main st., The Iron Horse on US1 and the Cabbage Patch on 415-But not like it use to be. And alot of the Restaurants on US1 have closed down.That being said there is still alot of things to see and alot of Eye Candy to look at..I'll definitely be there:eek:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I was down there in 05 & 06. Yeah it was packed. So many places to see and do. St. Augustine was pretty cool town. The ride there was smooth. I cant go this year, but maybe Biketober Fest.

·
Registered
875 Posts
went there last year with family to disney! middle of bike week, wife said she'd leave me if I went down to daytona. have fun, I never made it. cheaper to keep her, Ill settle for laconia for a few more years

·
Registered
355 Posts
There is no one place that is the center of everything.

You have activities at the speedway (vendors, demo rides, vendors and races).

Then there is Beach Street (vendors and one of the Harley shops). Also also has Harley Davidson as a display vendor there.

Main Street (across the river from Beach Street (mainly Bars and vendors)

Destination Daytona (actually in Ormand Beach area) US1 and I95 (Bruce Rossmeyer HD, multiple vendors)

Several miles east of Destination Daytona on US1 there are Vendors and several outdoor bars, Like Iron Horse Saloon.

Then there is the cabbage patch in Samsula, just south of Daytona.

Swap meet at Volusia County fair grounds (New York Avenue in Deland) West of Daytona,

I'm sure I'm missing some, but it's best to get a map when you get there of areas and events.
http://www.daytonabikeweek.com/maps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BIG64, we do Laconia every year and love it. This will be my first (and probably only) trip to Daytona during the bike week. We live in northeast Pennsylvania and it's just so early in the season that I'm always afraid my trip will come to a halt because of snow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts