Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have info of what tool is used to De-pin a wire out of the HD disconnectors and where can I get one?

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are the types of pins that I have to remove from the connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Do a search on the forums. There is pictures and instructions. Use small pick or paperclip from the back side of connector. There is a tab on the pin side you have to pop up first. Its been a while since I did it .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dark, Here's the pic of the connector. It's for the saddlebag lid LED spoiler.

For some reason I can't see the picture but more than likely like what shermanator said is that there's going to be a lock, remove that and use a small flat tip or a paper clip, you should be able to see a little tab that you have to either push up or pull down and the pin will release from the back side of the connector. Someday I'll have to do a diy on how to de pin connectors as I was a wiring tech.. I've honestly never had to buy a de pin tool.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
988 Posts
A dental pick usually works pretty well. You can pick up a set at Harbor Frieght for about $5.

Lil Chief

ADD: You might have to remove that white piece in the middle of the connector first before you can get the pins out. That should pop out of the housing if I remember correctly.

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put the darn thing together but now I need to replace the wires and can't get it back out I put the darn thing together but now I need to replace all the wires and can get them back out.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll try you guys advice

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
A small really small allen wrench will work and most people have those in there box.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thx. I'll try this evening

·
Registered
805 Posts
A filed flat paper clip ( larger size) works fine once you get the knack of using it in the right place. You have to depress the reverse out pin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts