Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was out riding and my check engin and battery lights came on. Bike was running fine. I was 2.5 hrs from home so started back. Night,pitch black here in the CT countryside. Lights started to fade looked at voltage indicator and it was below 10. After about 1/2 hr lights real dim and about 2 mi from home. Called wifey to come so I could follow her home. While waiting all lights except gauge lights went out. Speedo and tach not operating. Had a head lamp and a small flashlight in my mouth and started to follow gorgeous wife home. Lost power could only go 10ish mph.
Got home without getting ran over or running off road. Quiet area.
Charging bike now and lights come on.
Is it just in need off new battery?
2013 FLTRX 28k miles. Daymakers plasma rods cd clusters front and back.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok saw the post in the forum about the VR and Stator. Looks like a trip to the dealer is on the agenda for tommorow. How much does replacing one cost?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Charged bike over night and road to dealer this am. Voltage never got to 12 and dropped down to 8 on the 35 min ride. Will let you guys know what they say.

·
Administrator
10,502 Posts
if its the stator or VR , look out , my ESP was fifty smacks but my invoice shows it would have been about four hundred dollars

JtB

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Sounds like the stator is going out. When the stator starts to go bad it will show a higher voltage when the stator is cold but as the stator warms up the voltage will drop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts