Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon Harley... why is it that I can use a Mac to prepare a USB stick, download the software update for the Infotainment system & successfully update the whole system without a glitch --- but try to do that to update a single POI file (the dealer database) & it fails every time with cryptic "NavSync_ErrNotValid" error?

I last updated the file in 4Q2016, but wanted to update it tonight, right after I updated the system software to version 1.21.3.1. But, because I don't run Windows I can't do that. Gotta bug a friend to copy a file to a USB drive & then it works.

Absolutely makes no sense...

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Not you or the Mac. Something with that FW update is not letting the POI update upload. There's another update coming out to fix the update. lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had the same issue with the dealer update. I can use a FAT32 formatted USB from my Mac for regular updates, but I had to format a USB on my work laptop on Windows to get the dealer update to work.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't fully understand why, but the POI and map updates don't seem to work with the iOS platform, whereas Microsoft platforms work fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
From my understanding it's Naviextras who updates the maps and dealer POI that doesn't support Mac. It's frustrating though. I guess Apple is not popular over on the other side of the Atlantic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Question with UPDATES...

How do you know you need updates and do you find them on HD websites? Can you take your bike to a dealer and have them do the updates ??? or is it better to learn how and do them yourself?? thanks DAWG

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Question with UPDATES...

How do you know you need updates and do you find them on HD websites? Can you take your bike to a dealer and have them do the updates ??? or is it better to learn how and do them yourself?? thanks DAWG
Standard radio firmware and the dealer POI updates are on the HD software download page. Easy enough to do yourself. Pick your radio and follow the instructions.
Software Downloads | Infotainment System | Harley-Davidson USA

The GPS maps are another story. Those come from Naviextra and cost an arm, leg and first born (unless you bought a CVO then you get 3 free in 5 years)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 17 RGS so on the website it would be the premium radio. Do I download both the Dealer Location Update and the Premium Boom! Box update on the flash drive at the same time or am I supposed to do them separately. This is the first time I am doing an update since I bought the bike about 6 weeks ago. Just want to make sure I am doing it right. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have a 17 RGS so on the website it would be the premium radio. Do I download both the Dealer Location Update and the Premium Boom! Box update on the flash drive at the same time or am I supposed to do them separately. This is the first time I am doing an update since I bought the bike about 6 weeks ago. Just want to make sure I am doing it right. Thanks.
Best to do them separately

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Best to do them separately
Yup, exactly. I'd do the dealer POI update before doing the firmware update too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts