Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up my 2015 FLTRXS and had some parts/service (handlebars) financed into my payments. I have since decided to go with a different bar they cant order, so I will credited back the amount of the bars, wires and shop time.

Long story short...

I will have $400-$500 in credit towards other parts and after riding the bike for a day, I realize the stereo needs an upgrade if I really want to be able to hear it.
I have been looking at the HogTunes set up: http://www.hogtunes.com/bikes/roadglide2015.html

I know the dealer can get it since its in the DragSpecialities book. What is everyone thoughts on Hogtunes..?

Haven't seen a whole lot in my reading, seems like a lot of people go JM or Infinity.
Let me know.

·
Registered
516 Posts
In my opinion, the lids are top quality... it just depends on which speakers you run in them.. I run Polk speakers which sound great, I haven't heard the hog tunes 6x9.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Their lids are badass but their speakers are lacking. There are a lot better speakers out there for the money.i bought some pioneer 6x9 speakers off amazon for 75 bucks new that sound awesome.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just weighing my options of what I can get using what they owe me. For $460 getting speakers and amp is way better than what they want for the Boom! stuff (which I hear isn't all that good).

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Just weighing my options of what I can get using what they owe me. For $460 getting speakers and amp is way better than what they want for the Boom! stuff (which I hear isn't all that good).

I hate to say it but IMO the boom stuff sounds better. Take a 460.00 check.

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
Hog tunes speakers & amps suck in my opinion. Had them and switched Rockford Fosgate amp & speakers, not much better so went with Hawg-Wired an they rock, also sold in Drag Specialties catalog

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
If you have to have the credit , get the HT lids and upgrade the rest of the system elsewhere.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I read a lot of negative comments about Hogtunes. My Hogtunes amp and speakers were one of my first mods. Compared to the stock setup they are a big improvement. I agree they are likely not the best setup, but for the money it is nice. I'm not an audio snob so not having the loudest clearest setup doesnt bother me. I can hear mine doing 75mph at 3/4 volume. If my exhaust was quieter I could probably go 1/2 volume.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I read a lot of negative comments about Hogtunes. My Hogtunes amp and speakers were one of my first mods. Compared to the stock setup they are a big improvement. I agree they are likely not the best setup, but for the money it is nice. I'm not an audio snob so not having the loudest clearest setup doesnt bother me. I can hear mine doing 75mph at 3/4 volume. If my exhaust was quieter I could probably go 1/2 volume.
I would have to say the same thing about my Hogtunes set up. I like it, but it does NOT have "Thunderous" bass. I mean, what can you expect from such small speakers? It was one of my first mods as well, and like "Hullhorr" said not bad for the relatively low cost.:D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Talked to them last night when I was in finalizing my handlebar situation.
My options are basically anything in the DragSpecialities catalog. Looked through and they can get JM and such as well.

Again... I am not audiophile, just want something that sounds better than stock that I can hear at highway speed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What did you end up going with? I would like to upgrade my system as well and was looking at the hogtunes... I just don't want to spend a $1000 for a amp and speakers...

·
Registered
567 Posts
2015rgs- i went with the hogtunes speakers, much better than stock. waiting for my 14" freedom shield, should be able to hear a lot better when new shield is on .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts