Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Heat

Did this drastically reduce the amount of heat on the right side of the bike?

Any change in tone of the pipes with this?

Just asking from a noob perspective. The heat on the right side of the bike is killer in stop and go traffic.

Thanks,

Brew

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It dropped the heat over 100 degrees at the cat joint. I finally went to true duals to get the temp down more. There was very little change in sound that I could hear, but I have SE mufflers. I'd recommend drilling out the honeycomb rather than cutting and welding to remove it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please expound on the heat by the right leg. Did the removal of the Cat have a significant amount of heat change in this area? How was the engine torque affected. Have a buddy with a 2012 and he is debating about a cat removal. Would like to take advantage of someone else's pioneering. Can appreciate your initiative to solve using your bike. Do not mind doing a mod but I try to research to make sure I achieve the result I am looking for. Thanks.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Please expound on the heat by the right leg. Did the removal of the Cat have a significant amount of heat change in this area? How was the engine torque affected. Have a buddy with a 2012 and he is debating about a cat removal. Would like to take advantage of someone else's pioneering. Can appreciate your initiative to solve using your bike. Do not mind doing a mod but I try to research to make sure I achieve the result I am looking for. Thanks.
On mine, I didn't measure the temp drop with a IR thermometer or anything, but it DEFINITELY "seems" cooler to me. Engine performance is exactly the same for me. It sounds a bit throatier (slightly, but still nice!)

$175 SHIPPED is a great deal.. GLWS AAbiker

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the link and info. I like the pipe but I have starting to research about making the heat shields black. I want to go all black for the exhaust.

Brew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts