Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another Long Winded Write Up

I really appreciate EVERYONE that voted for me . I have worked hard on this bike and learned a lot from the awesome group on the forum .

When I got home in March of '12 from my first DOD civilian deployment , I bought the Road Glide and immediately put slash tip mufflers on, as well as power duals and powder coated some parts .

During my second deployment I started ordering a lot of parts .

I came home in December for a couple weeks and tore the bike down for a friend to paint .. Bought some Coastal Moto wheels and more parts ..

When I got home in May , the paint wasn't finished , but I put the bike together so I could ride and installed a Stage 4 kit , only to get some motor noise after installation , so I didn't get to ride and the bike sat at the dealer for four months ..

I came home in September , took my mom for a ride , scraped a floorboard in a slow turn , she must have put her foot down , and we went down .. .

this time I tore the whole bike down and re did everything right with Cobalt Blue Metallic , Silver and Black .

Mods ;

21" and 17" Coastal Moto Legacy ES wheels
Progressive Mono Tubes -2"
Chrome Fork Lowers
Daymakers
Custom Dynamics turn signals
Stage 4 with Woods 777 cams
Bassani Road Rage exhaust
ThunderMax ECM
Black powder coated engine parts and covers
Edge cut levers , grips , floorboards and shifter
Tribal mirrors
Sony deck with PBR300X2 and HawgWired RS400
Hawgwired ZX6.5 in fairing , lowers and tour pak
DIY air ride
13" apes

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,633 Posts
Congratulations on being voted BOTM. It's a great looking bike while still retaining the the original character and utility of the RG. Love the Cobalt Blue. While JTB poked some fun at you by saying "another long winded write up", I appreciate that you gave us a little background to the bike and what it means to you. Your deployments overseas, the motor mod issues, and even dumping the bike with your mom on-board, are all part of your experience with your scoot. Personally, I find that a lot more interesting that just giving us a parts listing. I hope you continue to enjoy the ride.

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
Thank you sir. The write up was long winded and got cut WAY down. Lol. Guess jtb didnt like it. I even posted progress pics and everything.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did edit it a little , not very much , and for some reason , not all of your pics would co operate in downloading to photobucket ..

If they will download for you , feel welcome to post them here , were some good shots

So aahh uumm take my birthday away ??

'Grats again

JtB

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sweet bike, I really like the deep blue, it really stands out.

Do you know what your putting out with the 777 Cams and Stage IV kit? I am looking to wake up the motor in mine and the Stage IV seems the best option, thoughts?

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
I had it dynoed but the thundermax was giving me some trouble but if i had to guess its around 115hp or so. It has plenty of power though.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Very nice! Congrats!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts