Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently surfed and found a few threads here about half covers and many were quite pricey. For me, I only really need a half cover for those times I take my motorcycle to work and there's a slight chance of a passing shower while I'm there. So I didn't want to spend a bunch.

I went on Amazon.com and searched for half covers for our bikes and found nothing but there were several choices for Gold Wings. Even though I got the automated alert that "The item will NOT fit your bike" I figured if it fits a Gold Wing it's GOT to fit my RGC. And with a great return policy why not give it a shot.

And as expected, it fits just fine. The front end covers my fairing with MadStad and the back end fits right around the rear of the saddlebad lid edges. One word of caution: The metal S hooks that tie down the sides will clang against your painted surfaces if you are not careful when you put it on!

Here's a link:

A couple photos to follow...

·
Registered
639 Posts
My wife and I have the same covers. Here's a tip if you are handy with a sewing machine or know someone who is . . .

Wifey cut off the hooks and turned the elastic straps into loops that loop around the passenger pegs. Flip down the pegs, loop the straps over, and the cover is held down with no hooks.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I put some heat shrink on mine so they are now protected...:)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two great ideas! I might try the loop one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts