Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
For that money they should customize it however you wish .. Dixxon isn't so spendy after all ..

JtB
Dixon is flannel. Apples and Oranges.
This is
• 12oz premium American made canvas shells, vintage bandana lining
• Protective DuPont™ Kevlar® lining at the elbows, shoulders and back
• Pockets for removable D3O® armor at the elbows (D3O® armor sold separately)
• Black anti-scratch rubber snaps
• A solid 3 season option
• Large hand pockets, chest pockets, and two huge inside pockets
Custom screenprinting available for $20
Screenprints are hand-made to order, please allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.
• Made in the USA

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
7,376 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
ever been to the middle east? there's a reason they wear a lot of black over there.

The Physics that Explain Why You Should Wear Black This Summer (gizmodo.com)
Let’s say that Gizmodo is correct ( i’ll go out on the limb why not everything that they report I’m sure it’s accurate) . Take a look at the clothing that Muslims wear it’s not tight fitting heavy weave clothing. Thobes definitely not tight fitting like that jacket.

“Now, the helpfulness of black clothes depends on finding black clothes that are the same thickness and looseness as those summery white clothes”.

So pretty much between the black color the fact that it’s tight fitting and heavy weight you are gonna bake in that thing

Also take a look at the first comment for that article Steven pretty much debunks her conclusions. She cited a study that used pigeons and not humans. There was a lot of other details that he went into that you can just read yourself.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
@RFG7680 , I know you have made your order, but if custom fit gear is what you desire, you should give these guys a try. Motoport USA | Custom Motorcycle Apparel

Unless they have changed since I bought from them, they custom make your gear to your measurements for a perfect fit and amazing protection.

I had them make my rain jacket, but several coworkers got there full riding gear from them.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All I said was for the money everything should be included , not knocking it . Like Dixxon , way more than I would spend on a shirt ..

JtB
I'd only pull the elbow pads out. So for me it's a non issue.

Way I see it. We spend that or more for a leather jacket. Paying for protection here. Some style. Yes. But my decision was based on its ability to help in a slide.

Kinda like the "what's your head worth" when buying a helmet.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let’s say that Gizmodo is correct ( i’ll go out on the limb why not everything that they report I’m sure it’s accurate) . Take a look at the clothing that Muslims wear it’s not tight fitting heavy weave clothing. Thobes definitely not tight fitting like that jacket.

“Now, the helpfulness of black clothes depends on finding black clothes that are the same thickness and looseness as those summery white clothes”.

So pretty much between the black color the fact that it’s tight fitting and heavy weight you are gonna bake in that thing
Its not the only protective light coat i have. I also have a ballistic mesh. If its 100+ ill likely have that on. Just like I'm not wearing this when it's 40 out. I'd wear my leather. Dress for the weather.
@RFG7680 , I know you have made your order, but if custom fit gear is what you desire, you should give these guys a try. Motoport USA | Custom Motorcycle Apparel

Unless they have changed since I bought from them, they custom make your gear to your measurements for a perfect fit and amazing protection.

I had them make my rain jacket, but several coworkers got there full riding gear from them.
I bought it a size big so it's going to fit me a little loose. Problem is nothing fits me right. So this shirt may get returned. And I'll for sure use that link. Thanks. 36" waisted and a 50" chest makes buying some things hard.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
3,978 Posts
I bought it a size big so it's going to fit me a little loose. Problem is nothing fits me right. So this shirt may get returned. And I'll for sure use that link. Thanks. 36" waisted and a 50" chest makes buying some things hard.
I'm the same size as well - I have to buy for my shoulders and pecks when I look at shirts or jackets. The one you picked up looks alright in my eyes but I am not one that wears things for best protection all the time - but I think I am slowly leaning that way; picked up a Milwaukee mesh jacket over the winter, thinking it will keep me cool and protected in the summer.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm the same size as well - I have to buy for my shoulders and pecks when I look at shirts or jackets. The one you picked up looks alright in my eyes but I am not one that wears things for best protection all the time - but I think I am slowly leaning that way; picked up a Milwaukee mesh jacket over the winter, thinking it will keep me cool and protected in the summer.
Sucks in a way. But hey. Lol. My shoulders are wider then the 3x on that site. So I called and told him I'm a large in the neck a 4x in the shoulders an xl in the waiste and length. Lol. He was like wtf. But said 2xl should do it. Shit wears long for us though. I have no belly to push that extra material out.

But like the title says. TRY.

And you'll love the mesh. Everyone would ask me how I tolerate the coat in the heat. When they finally tried it they thanked me. Keeps the sun off and when you stop and sweat a minute. Soon as you go it's like air conditioning.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts