Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sucks in a way. But hey. Lol. My shoulders are wider then the 3x on that site. So I called and told him I'm a large in the neck a 4x in the shoulders an xl in the waiste and length. Lol. He was like wtf. But said 2xl should do it. Shit wears long for us though. I have no belly to push that extra material out.

But like the title says. TRY.

And you'll love the mesh. Everyone would ask me how I tolerate the coat in the heat. When they finally tried it they thanked me. Keeps the sun off and when you stop and sweat a minute. Soon as you go it's like air conditioning.
Totally agree with you about a mesh jacket I have a klim that I wear in the summer. You’re absolutely right it feels like air-conditioning as soon as you start moving even then with a light color sitting in a light reflects a lot of the heat off. Just keeping the sun directly off your skin makes you feel cooler.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
3,958 Posts
Sucks in a way. But hey. Lol. My shoulders are wider then the 3x on that site. So I called and told him I'm a large in the neck a 4x in the shoulders an xl in the waiste and length. Lol. He was like wtf. But said 2xl should do it. Shit wears long for us though. I have no belly to push that extra material out.

But like the title says. TRY.

And you'll love the mesh. Everyone would ask me how I tolerate the coat in the heat. When they finally tried it they thanked me. Keeps the sun off and when you stop and sweat a minute. Soon as you go it's like air conditioning.
Well, I started to wear UV protective long sleeve fishing shirts and that made a huge difference in keeping the heat off me, so after reading about peoples' experience with mesh jackets (exactly like what you wrote), I figured it will work like those thin shirts but still offer some protection. Baby steps. I needed to order the 2XL in the jacket to fit my shoulders.

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
903 Posts
If I paid that much money for a shirt, my wife would probably strangle me with it.
370 before shipping.......😬😬

Still to this day long sleeve white shirt, with collar. I have many button-up white shirts in various materials, 100% cotton still is my favorite.....

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ha...wasn't that a good flex....throwing that in there. Kinda squelched the "snarky" eh?

LOL

But for the record, I have several "riding shirts". Mostly plaids with armor... none are Dixxon Kool.... but they are my preference as I really try not to overdo the HD branding.

And then there's that leather "Arthur Fonzarelli" jacket I still have from awhile ago. MMM, so sexy that thing is.... Bwaaaa haaa.

And lord knows I will never bring up riding the motorcycle to band practice, bagpipe band practice in a kilt. The comments on that would be lively. Yep....NC_Piper.... ohhhh ya say.

Not that anyone would disagree with RF7680 after read his measurements. Big dude.

Reactions: MORider

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,922 Posts
".... Kinda like the "what's your head worth" when buying a helmet.
I think that argument starts to lose its validity as you get older .... based on the fact that I can now barely remember what I ate for breakfast 2 hours earlier, I should now be able to get away with a $19. bicycle helmet. 😢

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,922 Posts
I bought it a size big so it's going to fit me a little loose. Problem is nothing fits me right. So this shirt may get returned. And I'll for sure use that link. Thanks. 36" waisted and a 50" chest makes buying some things hard.
That ain't nothing ... wait til you get my age and you stop working out and the numbers reverse themselves!

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just a note on Mesh. 2000-2005 I use to sport the Joe Rocket mesh gear out in the west deserts. Mesh gear is good shit.
Not that anyone would disagree with RF7680 after read his measurements. Big dude.
Haha. Nah man. I'm not that guy. Ask @08Zinc or any of the guys that have met me. My demeanor absolutely does not match my appearance. Lol. Just an old fuck trying to hang on is all.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Haha. Nah man. I'm not that guy. Ask @08Zinc or any of the guys that have met me. My demeanor absolutely does not match my appearance. Lol. Just an old fuck trying to hang on is all.
This is begging for some great, iconic, sarcastic comment. Unfortunately, I am too tired and it is too early in the day to think of something witty. Sorry to waste a good setup on a stand up dude.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
I usually wear shirts and have looked for shirts to wear while riding. First thing I notice is the collar doesn't button down. Very annoying when the collar is constantly slapping you neck.
Collar has snaps. I thought I had read it somewhere. But couldn’t find it.

shirt came in. 2xl fits just a bit snug. Super happy with this purchase so far. I am exchanging it for the 3xl. It’s just right on the edge. It’s also a lot lighter than it sounds when you read the description.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Your going to love it, the collar doesn't slap or move around, so thats a non issue that was brought up.

I have worn mine in 100 degrees with a T shirt and been fine, awesome protection for the money if you ask me....nothing like a dixon at all here.
Thanks. After leaving it on for a few I decided it’s just a bit snug in the arm pits and when I bend my arm the forearm and upper arm tighten up a tad too much. Already got the RMA and will shoot it back tomorrow.
But ya. I’m hopeful with the 3xl.

·
Super Moderator
11,431 Posts
Thanks. After leaving it on for a few I decided it’s just a bit snug in the arm pits and when I bend my arm the forearm and upper arm tighten up a tad too much. Already got the RMA and will shoot it back tomorrow.
But ya. I’m hopeful with the 3xl.
@RFG7680 Best of Luck John!
I was just reading on their website and everyone raved about their painless returns.
Mike U.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
@RFG7680 Best of Luck John!
I was just reading on their website and everyone raved about their painless returns.
Mike U.
Those reviews are not wrong. I texted the number. They replied in minutes and had me an RMA in another minute. I had signed up for the free gloves and didn’t get to code. Was in my spam folder. Well. When I talked to them about the return he said add my glove size and they’ll be in the box. I’ll for sure be ordering the jeans next week.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
This shirt isn't a Dixxon either. Fully lined in Kevlar, D30 Armor on the elbows and shoulders. Wish I could find it in olive and gold.

Unfortunately a little snug these days, but I am working on that.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
903 Posts
This shirt isn't a Dixxon either. Fully lined in Kevlar, D30 Armor on the elbows and shoulders. Wish I could find it in olive and gold.

Unfortunately a little snug these days, but I am working on that.

View attachment 440349
I like those boots what brand are they?

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I like those boots what brand are they?
They look like the Icon Elsinore boots. Almost bought them.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts