Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after 2 days of reading I am still no where lol

Right now I am trying to decide between the 204, 222, 555..

Of course I am looking for as high as numbers as I can get with good sound.

Riding Style - I tend to ride hard and fast, I spend at about 50% of the time 2 up and about 10% loaded down.

I never usually see more then 32mpg dont ask me why no clue so I dont expect to lose much more lol..

Current Build is Franks 2 in 1, Harley cheap Heavy breather kit and the power vision tuner..

Also cost and good place to buy them if you know would be great.. thanks!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Where in the rpm range do you ride?

I had the 222's for 1700 miles and liked them but the power hit a wall @3800. I didn't like that. It pulled like a train but felt like it dropped a anchor @3800.

I pulled them out and put a set of 555's in and I loved it. Pulled hard from 2700-redline. Was very nice.

I don't know about the 204's

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where in the rpm range do you ride?

I had the 222's for 1700 miles and liked them but the power hit a wall @3800. I didn't like that. It pulled like a train but felt like it dropped a anchor @3800.

I pulled them out and put a set of 555's in and I loved it. Pulled hard from 2700-redline. Was very nice.

I don't know about the 204's
I want to say I am usually in the 2500ish when cruising, I take off like a jack rabbit so I usually hit the limiter or just before at times lol

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
If you like to ride hard and pull to redline get the 555's. now I don't know anything about the 204's. I have heard good things about them.

Before I got my 222's I read and read about cams. I did tons of research until I was blue in the face. I thought the 222's was it. People said they pulled to redline but I don't know what their smoking. 1700 miles later they were out and the 555's were in.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thanks! We will see if anyone knows about 204's - do you know what your Dyno numbers are? Where did you get yours from and how much if you dont mind me asking? Did you do the work or the shop? Shop is going to do mine no idea the cost on that..

·
Registered
400 Posts
I''m going with TMan 555TQ at Frank's suggestion. He sells them and they are often on back order. Hope to get mine this week! A friend also has TW222. They pull hard early then fall off. Know nothing about the 204. My stealer was pushing SE255 for the touring bike and never mentioned the 204. Lots of dyno sheets on the forum for 222, 555TQ, Anddrews 48H & 54H. Depends if you are going to do head work, etc.

I picked the Tman 555TQ because of their history and performance. Along with the recommendation coming from Frank. And I am done with engine mods after cams. I learned my lesson on my 01 RK. Ported heads, tuners, throttle bodies, cams, race oil pump, cam support plate, pistons, rocker boxes, 4 different sets of exhaust, etc.....

Good luck and good reading. As many opinions on cams as on which color!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Andrews 48H
103, PCV, Jackpot slipons,Kury AC= 95/118.6.
Chart is in the Dyno Post sub forum. Quieter than 555. come on about 300 rpm earlier too. 2400ish

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I didn't dyno mine. I hate dynos they cost me a lot of money haha. I don't get the numbers I want and I'll spend a ton of money to get it. Now I try to stay away. I just go off my butt dyno. Hahahaha

Great numbers on those 48's. When does the power drop off? What rpm? Do they pull to redline. I looked at the Andrew 54's and the 57's too

·
Registered
828 Posts
I didn't dyno mine. I hate dynos they cost me a lot of money haha. I don't get the numbers I want and I'll spend a ton of money to get it. Now I try to stay away. I just go off my butt dyno. Hahahaha

Great numbers on those 48's. When does the power drop off? What rpm? Do they pull to redline. I looked at the Andrew 54's and the 57's too
I haven't bounced off the limiter with them, but still pulling at 5500

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh Dyno here is 50 bucks :)

So they pull 300 sooner then the 555 all the way through? ug another cam in the mix LOL this is tiring lol

·
Registered
828 Posts
Oh Dyno here is 50 bucks :)

So they pull 300 sooner then the 555 all the way through? ug another cam in the mix LOL this is tiring lol
The buddy i ride with has 555, and has talked about switching to 48 after riding my bike. I think the quieter valve train is a good portion of his desire to switch. His has higher HP, mine has higher TQ. 555= 100/110, 48H =95/118.

·
Registered
400 Posts
TMan 555TQ $348 from Dragos. SE pushrods $175 from dealer. Bearings and seals $40 from dealer. My dealer is installing for 4.5 hours labor. No dyno time as I will load the map from Frank and use the TMax auto tune. Roughly $1,000 total. Add another $350 - $500 if I have it dyno tuned. Not a lot of money if the HP and torque numbers are on the money!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Im not sayin one is better than the other. But I think the Andrews 48h cams are about $100 cheaper than the TMan 555TQ's.

·
Registered
339 Posts
For My Bucks

I selected the S&S Cycle 570CE Easy Start Chain Drive Camshaft Kit 106-5234 they are a nice cam for a touring bike

S&S .570 inch lift cams are designed for 88 to 96 inch engines with compression ratios between 9:1 and 10:1.
This 570CE Chain Drive Easy Start cam is designed to increase performance at an affordable price and Easy Start Cams allow stock starter to start any engine. Because this kit reuses many of the stock parts it is very economical.
Kit includes cams, gearcover gasket, cam bearings, and instructions
Intake Opening (degrees): 20
Intake Closing (degrees): 40
Exhaust Opening (degrees): 55
Exhaust Closing (degrees): 20
Intake Duration (degrees): 240
Exhaust Duration (degrees): 255
Intake Lift (in): .570
Exhaust Lift (in): .570
Intake Lift at TDC (in): .187
Exhaust Lift at TDC (in): .179

List Price: $358.95
Our Price: $295.09

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much will the sound of the bike change with the 48h Looks like I am leaning away from the 555 Now

1 - 20 of 67 Posts