Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading a lot on the forums for a good system for my wife and I. I'm leaning towards fairing and lowers for us with a 4 channel amp. Can't decide whether to go with J&M roller xx's for both with the tweeter grills, or polk Audi 651mm for both. Price wise won't be much of a difference once you factor in the adapters, speaker boxes and grills needed for the polks. Also torn between J&M 500w 4 channel or soundstreams Pn4.520. The soundstreams is exceptionally cheaper, but I'm not sure on the wiring required to make it work versus J&M plug n play system. Any feedback or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Been reading a lot on the forums for a good system for my wife and I. I'm leaning towards fairing and lowers for us with a 4 channel amp. Can't decide whether to go with J&M roller xx's for both with the tweeter grills, or polk Audi 651mm for both. Price wise won't be much of a difference once you factor in the adapters, speaker boxes and grills needed for the polks. Also torn between J&M 500w 4 channel or soundstreams Pn4.520. The soundstreams is exceptionally cheaper, but I'm not sure on the wiring required to make it work versus J&M plug n play system. Any feedback or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
The wiring can easily be figured out. You will have to go with an aftermarket stereo or send your HK head unit out to get RCA installed. Thats the only way to make it super simple (it's already simple enough. I posted this in another thread. Best bet if you ask me....

1. Soundstream TN4.900D (you will need it for what I am about to throw at you) $200

2. Two pair of Pioneer TS-D6902R (ultimate bass and get them mounted in your bags) $140

3. J&M Rokker HTWT-1025-CRF tweeter kit (replaces two gauges in the fairing like the CVOs) $120.

4. One pair of Infinity 62.11i (for better highs) $120 OR......

5. One pair of Pioneer TS-D1702r (for more bass) $66

All of these can be had on Amazon (search the part numbers I posted).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it necessary to have the rca's for the amp wiring, or can you use the front speaker wiring? Does anyone make wiring harnesses for aftermarket amps or are they amp specific?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Is it necessary to have the rca's for the amp wiring, or can you use the front speaker wiring? Does anyone make wiring harnesses for aftermarket amps or are they amp specific?
It is possible to use the speaker output wires to send signal to the amp. I am not understanding about wiring harness for amp. It's pretty straightforward when hoking one up. The confusion comes with setting gains and making all the adjustments. But even that can be learned by a novice.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Not absolutely necessary, but the improvement in sound quality is Amazing!

After a lot of research, I went with the J&M Rokkers/XTs in the fairing/lowers, J&M Rokker 500w in the fairing, HK w/ Iron Cross Audio preamp outs.

Clean, clear music at 90+!!! (about 3/4 volume!)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Using the stock hu
RCA's not necessary on the stocker but as Heatwave said big difference in sound quality. . . .Just use the speaker wires to the input side of the amp or if you want to go low level a lot of guys just send the stock HU to Iron cross and get it modified like heatwave did above. He sounds like a happy camper!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leaning towards J&M speakers and the SS amp. Are the rokker xx worth the extra money over the performance series?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Leaning towards J&M speakers and the SS amp. Are the rokker xx worth the extra money over the performance series?
Sounds like your on the right track . . .Eshaw301 loves his rokkers! Just depends on what you listen to. Are they worth the extra cash? Who knows? You would have to do a side by side apples to apples comparison , same amps, same number of speakers etc., Even then 5 different guys would have 5 different opinions. Get what sounds good to you!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sounds like your on the right track . . .Eshaw301 loves his rokkers!
I do! I aint even gonna lie about it! I put the poly fil in them last night and rode to work to day and what a difference that stuff makes. I also love my pioneers too!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I do! I aint even gonna lie about it! I put the poly fil in them last night and rode to work to day and what a difference that stuff makes. I also love my pioneers too!
You definitely have a great combination! The Pioneers can't be beat for bass . . . that's for dam sure. . . . lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts