Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello john,pleasure to meet you,im wondering what you are recommending for a head unit for the roadglide?

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Jay ,,,,,,,,

personally, I would stick with the stock Harley HK headset unit on your 2012 ,,, as I have not seen anything better available anywhere ,,,,,

have you had problems with your stock radio ?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I sent the HK to Iron Cross Audio for the preamp outs, that bypass the HK amplifier section, which has always sounded 'muddy' to me...

If you have ICA install a rear aux, have them make the pigtail long enough to reach to one of the glove boxes, and you won't have to install a jumper like I did.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it works fine but I do all my listening thru mp3 and I don't like the cord running out of dash and into glove box,plus 2 guys I ride with have both had the aux input stop working.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
it works fine but I do all my listening thru mp3 and I don't like the cord running out of dash and into glove box,plus 2 guys I ride with have both had the aux input stop working.
I had Iron Cross Audio install a rear aux, then I drilled a hole in the glove box and now I have an aux port in the left glove box, along with a dual usb charging port, and the HD iPod hookup. No wires dangling anywhere, I just put the devices in the glove box. 'Am also going to try a Bluetooth receiver plugged into the aux, so that I can Bluetooth from the i5 to the stereo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts