Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
picked it up from dragos bike works this morning. 2010 fltrx- dragos 107", tman 555c, rinehart 2-1, stock heads, stock compression. 100 hp, 114 tq
4th gear pull

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
It was nice meeting you.
Enjoy.

Also that was a 4th gear pull on dyno...
5th and 6th gear pull would make a few more HP'S on dyno sheet.

Thanks,
FD

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
that looks like it will jump off the line , nice curve

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
picked it up from dragos bike works this morning. 2010 fltrx- dragos 107", tman 555c, rinehart 2-1, stock heads, stock compression. 100 hp, 114 tq View attachment 23279
4th gear pull
I've been waiting to see a dyno chart from frank with someone running a107 on stock heads for a while now. I'm impressed. Congrats , now go run the piss out of that bike.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been waiting to see a dyno chart from frank with someone running a107 on stock heads for a while now. I'm impressed. Congrats , now go run the piss out of that bike.
i imagine if i were to bump the compression and put on dragos exhaust it would do quite a bit more.
maybe next year :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
439 Posts
Why 4th gear pull??

Ded,
First I want to congratulate you on the great numbers!
I'm wondering about why he did a 4th gear and not 5th gear pull and,
by 'stock' compression do you mean the 103's original 9.6:1 ratio since there isn't really a 'stock' 107" engine I know of.
Not trying to be a smart ass...
Thanks!
-ST

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
i imagine if i were to bump the compression and put on dragos exhaust it would do quite a bit more.
maybe next year :)
Not to jack your thread, but I wonder if the T-man 600SM would have broadened that torque curve?

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.......

If you're sticking with stock heads, I'd imagine for budget reasons, the cam was a good choice. Adding "more" cam typically drops the cranking compression which kills bottom end torque.
The stock heads, and possibly the exhaust(don't know much about the Rinehart pipe), don't support alot of top end so the low end cam is a good choice.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Right, I understand that. I want to install a 600sm in with stock heads and stock compression.Down the road have the heads reworked and do the 107". I might just do it to find out.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.......

If you're sticking with stock heads, I'd imagine for budget reasons, the cam was a good choice. Adding "more" cam typically drops the cranking compression which kills bottom end torque.
The stock heads, and possibly the exhaust(don't know much about the Rinehart pipe), don't support alot of top end so the low end cam is a good choice.
budget for sure. could have got a tq cam but wanted a little more top end so went with the standard cam. the stock heads are a limiting factor and can only support so much lift anyway. i have some loss of back pressure due to the rinehart that dont have equal length headers. frank said it had some dips. hes pretty damn good and getting that stuff smoothed out.
bike feels great! i love it. and when i get tired of it, i will get new exhaust and get the heads done and comp releases and will have a nicely built 107".
i only weigh 140 lbs so for now
it will move me down the road just fine!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts