Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have em. They were a bitch to wire. If you get them, have them make the handle grip bar area about 1/8 inch longer and the wire openings for the bottom of the bars larger. Also have them put the grooves on the bars on the clamping area. I like em a lot. Get lots of compliments. I had em make the id opening at the grip area a little bigger so that I could put heat demons on.

image.jpg .

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have em. They were a bitch to wire. If you get them, have them make the handle grip bar area about 1/8 inch longer and the wire openings for the bottom of the bars larger. Also have them put the grooves on the bars on the clamping area. I like em a lot. Get lots of compliments. I had em make the id opening at the grip area a little bigger so that I could put heat demons on.

View attachment 17814 .
Are they preslotted for tbw? With them doing all that extra work, what was the final cost?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
781 Posts
They did it all, with powder coating the bars (these bars are 1.5") tbw,larger id and shipping for $360 . I believe that's what I paid.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Those are some nice bars. Definitely different from what you see everyday. Id hate to have to wire them tho

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
781 Posts
Well dmize, didn't ask you really. There's always one.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ok, no harm done. They are a little radical. I get a lot of compliments on them. They were a bitch to wire.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hawkeye, the bars that I bought were 14.5 inches in height, and yes brake and clutch cable had to be replaced.

·
Registered
173 Posts
These are Deep Sickness, but they are the wicked bagger apes, a little wider than what the other poster showed you.

yes, they are radical, but I love them and yes there are comments from nearly everyone who sees them.

I got lucky, my 'small' shop that does the work for me only charged me like $300 to install, with cables and wires, so I would not have done them myself for that price.

If I had one small wish, being a smaller guy, I'd turn the grips in about a 1/2 inch, that's all.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts