Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's do a meet and greet (with a group ride) in either September or mid-October!

Bring your friends, your spouse/significant others and/or kid(s).

We'll meet on a Saturday, go for a ride, get a bite to eat and play the rest of the weekend by ear. (Stay over, ride again Sunday morning, go our separate ways, head home, or whatever.)

I'm in New Orleans and would have no problem going to western Alabama, western Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas, or Mississippi.

So, my fellow southern Road Gliders, whaddya say?

If you're in, PM me with two or three destinations you have wanted to check out or that you have been to which have a nice ride or two.

Also PM me your one best weekend to get away in September and your one best weekend to get away in October (after the 15th).

The more the merrier of course, but even if there are just four or five of us, I think we should go for it.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'd be down for a weekend getaway. If I can get somewhere 5 hours away so I can leave on a friday and play all day saturday to leave getting back home on Sunday, it's totally doable for me. Shark Week tapped me out of vacation time till November.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I would like to. I will be going to the rally in Sandy Hook, Mississippi Aug. 30 thru Sept. 2nd. Will also be going to the Bama Fest In demopolis, Ala. on Oct. 24-27 these are adult rallies, no kiddies allowed. If any of you guys can make either of those or both, let me know. Can meet there. Can also try to meet up on another date/place, keep me posted...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd be down for a weekend getaway. If I can get somewhere 5 hours away so I can leave on a friday and play all day saturday to leave getting back home on Sunday, it's totally doable for me. Shark Week tapped me out of vacation time till November.
I'm right there with you, Paul. I have exactly .15 hours of vacation on the books right now. I'm livin' large! :)

You're in Katy, Texas. What are a couple of decent sized towns within five hours SOUTH OR EAST of you?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to. I will be going to the rally in Sandy Hook, Mississippi Aug. 30 thru Sept. 2nd. Will also be going to the Bama Fest In demopolis, Ala. on Oct. 24-27 these are adult rallies, nod kiddies allowed.Iif any of you guys can make either of those or both, let me know. Can meet there. Can also try to meet up on another date/place, keep me posted...
I'll have to look up and consider the Sandy Hook rally.

What part of Louisiana are you in, Singlebeam?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'll have to look up and consider the Sandy Hook rally.

What part of Louisiana are you in, Singlebeam?
I am in West Monroe...The Sandy Hook rally is pretty good. It's in a big field, no concrete. Lots of nudity and tons of stripper poles. Perfect place for a pervert like myself...:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am in West Monroe...The Sandy Hook rally is pretty good. It's in a big field, no concrete. Lots of nudity and tons of stripper poles. Perfect place for a pervert like myself...:D
That is definitely good information to have, Singlebeam.

And, with that information, knowing that I'm in the minority here, I'll take a pass on this one. :cool:

·
Registered
213 Posts
A 5 hour trip from Houston sounds good. if this dosnt work maybe a Texas meet and greet could be done.

·
Registered
416 Posts
West Louisiana and Central Louisiana has some pretty nice back roads to ride. Depending on where the masses come in from, Start North of Lake Charles and head towards Alexandria and come down the river around Natchez towards Baton rouge and La Hwy 10 is pretty scenery and finish the W/E running Hwy 22 to Gonzales, then that would be a good place for departure.

...Or, stay south of I10 for the entire weekend, Tour the Lafourche, Terrebonne area, Then the next day, Do the St Charles, Jefferson Parish area.

All good riding, especially for those who never experienced the Bayou Country.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
West Louisiana and Central Louisiana has some pretty nice back roads to ride. Depending on where the masses come in from, Start North of Lake Charles and head towards Alexandria and come down the river around Natchez towards Baton rouge and La Hwy 10 is pretty scenery and finish the W/E running Hwy 22 to Gonzales, then that would be a good place for departure.
I don't think we'll get "masses" of people...................but that plan sounds good to me for starters!

So, we'll start around Lake Charles -- where exactly? Over to Natchez and south to Gonzales, right? How many hours riding leisurely, with gas stops, etc., do you think that would be, dooinit?

Not very farm from home for me, but I've been wanting to check out the Natchez area anyway.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm calling September 13, 14, 15. (Or any portion of that which works for you.)

Step One taken care of.

Let's nail down specific starting and ending locations next.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts