Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My MOPAR sublime green and matte black paint project has started

I started the paint work for my converted road glide. I got a snooty front fender on eBay to get rid of the light chrome strip and rails. Also ordered the rear facia from ronnies (still out for about 2 weeks)

The fender was supposed to be in good shape but it turned out that there was a decent sized ding on the top. Tried to return it via eBay, and they did I have a note that the fender had a ding, but to me it sounded like it was behind the forks when mounted. I had to keep it, so I repaired it. Can't even tell it was ever there.

Anyway, I pulled the non essential items off so I can still ride, while I start to paint. Lowers, tourpak, bag extensions, and of course the "new" front fender

This is what I'm going for:

Here is my progress so far:

The color is a bit lighter then I was expecting, but I am happy thus far. One I get the denim black stripes on, I think it will meet my expectations

·
Registered
492 Posts
Should look good with the stripes. I'll stay tuned for completion pics.

·
Registered
10,379 Posts
Subscribed.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kinda off the subject, but how to I edit the tittle. Some how or another my autocorrect on the iPad changed started to default. Tried to edit under advance options and changed the title, but it still shows "default"

Hmmm.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Gonna be stand out for sure! I bet the black stripe(s) will really make that look all the better! Nice job.
You going to try and have it done and make it to the PA Meet & Greet on 05/30 in State College?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Before I went out for a ride today I got the tourpak reassembled, and got the painted parts scuffed and buffed. When I returned, I pulled the fairing got the nacelle sanded and prepped for paint, and got the tourpak masked. I will be spraying the inner matte black when I spray the front fender and tourpaks stripes.

Anyway, here are some progress pics:

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,807 Posts
Have you seen the one that was built in Phoenix that was on the national show circuit 2-3 years ago? It was in quite a few magazines at the time. I'm trying to remember who built it, it was one of the well known shops. Maybe John Shoppes (formerly Sinister), I don't think it was Yaffee but I honestly don't remember. I just thought if you hadn't seen it you might want to look it up to take a look. You may see some things with the paint scheme that you really like, (or don't like).

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you seen the one that was built in Phoenix that was on the national show circuit 2-3 years ago? It was in quite a few magazines at the time. I'm trying to remember who built it, it was one of the well known shops. Maybe John Shoppes (formerly Sinister), I don't think it was Yaffee but I honestly don't remember. I just thought if you hadn't seen it you might want to look it up to take a look. You may see some things with the paint scheme that you really like, (or don't like).
Is this it?

[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.