Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have or used one of these. I know it is for the later bikes & mine is a 99 Ultra, but since it is new & has never had fuel, I can do the mods needed to hook up to my fuel system. Just wondering as far as seat goes & general fit. I won a bid on ebay & have one on the way. I really want to get a bigger tank than the 5 gal that is on there & I hope this is it.
6 6 Gallon Custom Stretch Fuel Gas Tank for Harley Touring Bagger FLHT FLTR FLHX | eBay

Toby

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Toby,
That tank is going to require serious mods in order to fit your bike. In 2008 Harley changed the backbone design of the frame to accommodate the six gallon tank. The tank you purchased is going to be much too shallow on the bottom for your frame.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, are you saying it will sit too high? The mod part is fine, since it is a raw tank. Will see if it is even close to fitting before I do any mods. If it won't fit, I guess I will have a tank for sale. Maybe even trade for a stock 6 gal tank, hopefully it can work for me.

Toby

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my tank, no I just need to open it. Hopefully Saturday I can pull my tank & see if it is going to work. I can modify it but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Toby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts