Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick back story: My other ride is a BMW Grand America, which has factory driving lights installed below the highway boards. I was on the freeway behind my boss and he commented that the driving lights on the Beemer made the bike very conspicuous in traffic, so I thought I'd do the same on the RG. The lights are Denali 2.0's with amber lenses (extra, clear are included) with Techmount light mounts. The pictures don't really do the lights justice, they are much brighter than they appear in the pictures. Anything to make me more visible to the cagers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
A quick back story: My other ride is a BMW Grand America, which has factory driving lights installed below the highway boards. I was on the freeway behind my boss and he commented that the driving lights on the Beemer made the bike very conspicuous in traffic, so I thought I'd do the same on the RG. The lights are Denali 2.0's with amber lenses (extra, clear are included) with Techmount light mounts. The pictures don't really do the lights justice, they are much brighter than they appear in the pictures. Anything to make me more visible to the cagers.
Those Denalis look like a quality piece. There are not enough Harley riders that put the extra lighting on their bikes to be more conspicuous in traffic. I run a set of Clearwater Darlas and just purchased the amber lens attachment to install.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I also ran Moto lights on my old RG. In the 10 years I had em on, NEVER had a car try to make a left hand turn in front of me. So extra lights make a impact!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice lights. Are they plug and play or is the installation a little more detailed?
Semi plug and play.....the lights plug into the supplied harness which has a relay for single or dual intensity, a pig tail for power off the battery and a plug in switch. I used the auxiliary fairing mount switches that the dealer installed along with the HD harness that comes with the switch kit. The HD harness has leads to wire a second accesory, so I did away with the plug in switch that came with the Denalis and wired them to the leads on the HD harness. It took a bit of doing, but it was worth it to do it right.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those Denalis look like a quality piece. There are not enough Harley riders that put the extra lighting on their bikes to be more conspicuous in traffic. I run a set of Clearwater Darlas and just purchased the amber lens attachment to install.
I like the Clearwaters, but the Darla's were $540.....I got the Denalis on sale from Twisted Throttle for about half that.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nice lights!

On a side note because you mentioned it. That BMW looks like a sport bike had sex with a Bergman scooter! :grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts