Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, since riding season is over here in KC I have been doing a lot to my bike and really want to clear up all the wires running to the battery, so a while back I bought Denali PowerHub2 Power Distribution Wiring Harness Module https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-powerhub2-power-distribution-wiring-harness-module?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpo2F1a_i2AIV20sNCh1wtAQWEAQYAyABEgL_2vD_BwE in order to clean up.

I have 2013 Road Glide custom with non ABS, one of the things I need to do is connect the yellow wire to switched power, so I was thinking of putting a Piggyback Fuse and was wondering if there is any reason why I shouldn't connect it to the head light fuse or blinkers fuse? :confused:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ATM-Add-A-Circuit/52034992?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=13655&adid=22222222227054804459&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=155653604585&wl4=pla-295756904764&wl5=1017596&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=117874092&wl11=online&wl12=52034992&wl13=&veh=sem

Only thing I have right now that is aftermarket using switched power is the LED blinkers, let me know what you guys think?

Appreciate all the help! :grin:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey so basically the yellow wire is for switched power, I am just looking at the best way to tap into switched power with out actually cutting into a wire, thought the piggy back fuse was a simple way to do it. :confused:

I could be over complicating it, and there might be a wire I can easily tie into for switched power.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Riding season is over? Its going to be in the 50s this weekend in KC, why is the riding season over?

Hello all, since riding season is over here in KC I have been doing a lot to my bike and really want to clear up all the wires running to the battery, so a while back I bought Denali PowerHub2 Power Distribution Wiring Harness Module https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-powerhub2-power-distribution-wiring-harness-module?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpo2F1a_i2AIV20sNCh1wtAQWEAQYAyABEgL_2vD_BwE in order to clean up.

I have 2013 Road Glide custom with non ABS, one of the things I need to do is connect the yellow wire to switched power, so I was thinking of putting a Piggyback Fuse and was wondering if there is any reason why I shouldn't connect it to the head light fuse or blinkers fuse? :confused:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ATM-Add-A-Circuit/52034992?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=13655&adid=22222222227054804459&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=155653604585&wl4=pla-295756904764&wl5=1017596&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=117874092&wl11=online&wl12=52034992&wl13=&veh=sem

Only thing I have right now that is aftermarket using switched power is the LED blinkers, let me know what you guys think?

Appreciate all the help! :grin:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Riding season is over? Its going to be in the 50s this weekend in KC, why is the riding season over?

Yea some freak weather is coming and warming up a bit for a few days then going right back to the cold, possible snow, rain, warm, cold again, old saying goes for Midwest, if u don’t like the weather wait 10 mins, how ever last week or 2 we have had negative weather, snow, and ice so I just start on the winter projects till March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha Bucket, I'll check that one out, already got the bike torn down because I am redoing my audio, was curious if anyone else out there has tapped into switched power near the battery, but if it works best doing it that way that's what I will do.

·
Registered
515 Posts
You can make your own for about $25. Just be sure the relay you use has a diode between terminals 86(+ switched source) and 85 (- ground) and the are connected properly if your bike is CanBus. This eliminates a tiny voltage back feed through the (+) into your system generated by the relay coil that can cause problems.

No CanBus, any relay will do.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks jcarruth, I figured I could but was just paying for convenience.

Bucket, the headlight fuse is what I was originally looking into possible piggy back off of, but just wasn't sure if there was any reason not to, will be trying some different things and see which is easiest, with this Power hub, it will make it easier access to install something new that also needs to be connected to the battery, for example I will eventually have front air ride also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts