Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have a new seat in mind for my 15 RG. My buddy has this seat so we swapped out seats so I could see if I really wanted to shell out the dough for it...... Love the seat however the old seat has rubbed and left marks on the tank, side panels and rear fender....is there any tricks to get these marks out or am I simply f!*$#d? If I had know this I would've switched seats at the dealership...this sucks the marks are very noticeable. The newer seat is not as wide and lower profile so the marks stick out with it on the bike.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
As far as I know there is nothing to remove the "buffed/shiney" spots on denim paint. I have the same paint and that is the major draw back of it. Rub on the paint and you will basically polish it.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
nope, you can't buff it out. but once you put the new seat on, the visible spots will get some wear around them and eventually won't be quite as obvious. that's one of the things about denim. it builds 'character'.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess it pays to know a paint and body man........or ebay for new side panels .....live and learn.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I've already got a bare, down to the metal wear spot on my tank underneath the nose of the seat. I don't plan on riding the bike without the seat, so it'll never be seen.
Lil Chief

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
From what I'm told that denim finish is a clear coat. See how much for a painter to re shoot the clear.

Local Indy took his inner fairing to get painted. (Gloss finish) and when the paint went to shoot the clear it was denim. Harley sold him the wrong clear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts