Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a buddy with a 14 SG who needs some speaker lids painted Denim Black. Apparently no one up here in the Northern Country of NY wants to make money by painting these. Would any of you recommend someone who can match the lids to the stock Denim Black without charging $300? That was one quote he received....

·
Registered
973 Posts
Colorrite makes a denim black that if done properly, is supposed to match perfectly. Theres always John Deere blitz black. I just sprayed my t pak with it & it is damn near spot on. Maybe if he bought the colorrite paint & took it to a painter, it'd be alot cheaper. I would definitely go to someone that paints motorcycles instead of just cars.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
973 Posts
Why is that? It's speaker lids, not a whole bike.
I've heard too many horror stories of guys taking their parts to body/paint shops that only do autos, & find that the color is way off when they get their parts back, especially when it comes to the denim black. I've also talked to guys that have taken their parts to someone that does autos & motorcycles, or just motorcycles alone, and it seems that these painters are more familiar with the denim black & how to apply it, etc. No offense meant to any painters out there, it's just stuff I've heard.
Lil Chief

·
Registered
973 Posts
My Lord, if we all lived in fear from the horror stories we've heard none of us would ever leave the house.
Very true statement, but I was just trying to help. It doesn't matter to me whether my advice is taken or not. It's not my bike.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
you wouldn't believe how many bikes have come to me messed up by an autobody shop that I'm asked to fix.

Denim black can be a tough one to get perfect the first time.
One speck of dust and you have to start all over again.

If you just want to give it a try yourself I hear the John Deere paint works for the do it yerself guys with good results.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Theres a Body shop here in Mt Vernon NY , that has painted a friends on mines 15 RGS , i just installed his Hog Tunes 4 channel amp & speakers and he got his lids painted there, also had his front nose painted there and they added the red stripe back on it after a mishap....Mancuso Auto Body Shop 914 664-1620

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies. I looked up the John Deere approach and that looked really good to me! Apparently my buddy found a shop up here to have the lids painted. So we will see how that goes. Then comes the task of hooking up all of his audio...and then mine. Learning as we go! lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts