Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go again folks. . .

Converted my bike to a road glide at the end of last season, and had an internal debate on wether I should paint the whole bike, or just match the new fairing to the rest of the bike.

Well . . . . . Now I am rethinking my decision. I want to replace the front and rear fenders to road glide/street glide ones, and they will need to be painted. So here I am again, pondering. I guess my only saving grace is that I do my own paint work.

I love both chrome yellow, and denim black. (I know very different colors) and after seeing the new road glide standards with no pin striping or 2 tones, I think I want a solid color.

Wondering what denim chrome yellow would look like.

Why can't I just leave things alone, LOL. I definatly have some sort of sickness.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,964 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just let it sit outside for a little while and get covered in pollen and see if you like the way it looks. :D

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'd consider highlighting with denim black or with gloss yellow.

Not denim but before I sold my '12 Chrome Yellow RGC I'd considered this scheme.

But I also considered this

·
Registered
572 Posts
Pinstripe her in red!

Red & Gold are the colors to have! ;-)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Few paints schemes look better than a denim finish with a pearl undertone. I had my last bike repainted in pearl white with a denim finish and it was absolutely beautiful. I also had a thick gloss black stripe right down the middle of the tank. The contrast was unique but there was a definite delineation between the colors when you ran your finger across them. I'd say go with the yellow chrome in a denim finish and then pin stripe it with gloss black :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Here we go again folks. . .

Converted my bike to a road glide at the end of last season, and had an internal debate on wether I should paint the whole bike, or just match the new fairing to the rest of the bike.

Well . . . . . Now I am rethinking my decision. I want to replace the front and rear fenders to road glide/street glide ones, and they will need to be painted. So here I am again, pondering. I guess my only saving grace is that I do my own paint work.

I love both chrome yellow, and denim black. (I know very different colors) and after seeing the new road glide standards with no pin striping or 2 tones, I think I want a solid color.

Wondering what denim chrome yellow would look like.

Why can't I just leave things alone, LOL. I definatly have some sort of sickness.
I hear ya about leaving it alone! Repainted mine last summer (dumb move-yep) then repainted it again this spring! Wasn't happy with the quality of the first round and wanted to add "racing stripes". It's done for now but I originally wanted Grabber Blue and I am seriously contemplating repainting it over the winter! My wife will probably threaten divorce! :)
That color you are proposing would be cool to see. I am guessing it would be over the top!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ended up going a different direction, went with sublime green and matte black to match the Dodge Challenger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts