Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to pick up a polished aluminum derby cover for my M8. Online there are allot of 103 covers available.

After picking around online, they appear to be different, however that is from changing the model on the J$P cycle website and verifying the PN, and nothing clearly stated via google.

Any feedback on this?

And, if anyone has a known good condition M8 cover they wanna ditch let me know.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Your M8 has the narrow primary cover which is why the derby cover is different. It's smaller then the ones for the TC bikes.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Righton.. I was just reading about the on an HD forum thread with the redesign for stance etc. The dude that's gonna do the work said, "send me a big bore... cover". So Im educating. appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Yeah, its why my classic Bob Epstein created cast Steal Your Face derby cover that I had on all my bikes is now a relic on the wall of my man cave.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I'm trying to pick up a polished aluminum derby cover for my M8. Online there are allot of 103 covers available.

After picking around online, they appear to be different, however that is from changing the model on the J$P cycle website and verifying the PN, and nothing clearly stated via google.

Any feedback on this?

And, if anyone has a known good condition M8 cover they wanna ditch let me know.
A 103 cover from a 16' has the same part number as a 17' M8 but going back to 2015 it is different. I compared part numbers on a FLHR on Ronnie's HD parts website. I believe it was 2016 when they started putting the narrow primary cover on all touring models that came stock on the Ultra Limited Low in 2015. That's when the Derby cover changed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, its why my classic Bob Epstein created cast Steal Your Face derby cover that I had on all my bikes is now a relic on the wall of my man cave.
damn... thats what I'm trying to avoid.. my ass would send the wrong damn cover to this dude, pay an ass load, and get a nice piece of art....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 103 cover from a 16' has the same part number as a 17' M8 but going back to 2015 it is different. I compared part numbers on a FLHR on Ronnie's HD parts website. I believe it was 2016 when they started putting the narrow primary cover on all touring models that came stock on the Ultra Limited Low in 2015. That's when the Derby cover changed.
Righton, wouldn't have thought to check different years of the 103, I just checked a 14,.. i think.
good info.. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts