Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like a stupid question. I have the Harley four point docking hardware installed on my 13 FLTRX. I just got a detachable luggage rack. My question is, Can you have a detachable luggage rack and a detachable passenger backrest attached together at the same time? The reason I ask is that I also just got the two bag luggage set. The larger bag has a pouch designed to slip over a backrest or sissybar, for extra stability. I can tie it down using the attached D rings, but I was curious about the detachable backrest. Any insight would be appreciated. Also anyone have any recommendations for a rider backrest?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yes, they can be used simultaneously. As for recommendations, too many variables. Since you've already got the HD docking kit, you might have to stick with what's available from HD. I'm not sure whether it's cross compatible with aftermarket detachables. I like the looks of the HD Stealth luggage rack, but don't care for the taller backrest. You'll probably want the taller of the two if you plan on putting a slip over it, plus it's a little more comfortable for your passenger if you have one.

Search - Stealth Two-UP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts