Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2013 Ultra and would like to be able to remove the tour pack when not going on long runs.

can some one tell me if they know of a kit i can use to replace the hardmount?

·
Registered
498 Posts
/\ That. Also get the quick disconnect wiring harness kit.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I did the same for my 13 Ultra. Pieced together all of the parts from across the web and this forum. Saved a few hundred bucks that way over ordering straight from Harley. I would recommend not using the replacement harley license plate. I bought one from Kuryakan for like 20 bucks, and mounted it to the rear fender. Looks 10x cleaner.

As a side note, after installing the kit, I put the pack on and off for maybe a year. The past two years, the tour pack has remained on, as it the tour pack is extremely convenient for carrying stuff, even on short rides.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I did the same for my 13 Ultra. Pieced together all of the parts from across the web and this forum. Saved a few hundred bucks that way over ordering straight from Harley. I would recommend not using the replacement harley license plate. I bought one from Kuryakan for like 20 bucks, and mounted it to the rear fender. Looks 10x cleaner.

As a side note, after installing the kit, I put the pack on and off for maybe a year. The past two years, the tour pack has remained on, as it the tour pack is extremely convenient for carrying stuff, even on short rides.

This is how I did mine as well and saved half not buying the kit. I also never take mine off. Should have just saved the cash.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
727 Posts
Did my 13 Ultra. Aftermarket bracket and mounts. Speaker pods have a connector inside, roll the harnesses up under the seat. Made a quick connect with about 3 wires in it. Did the radio and CB antennas hidden in the fairing. Put speaker pods in the lowers so I had 4 speakers all the time. Saved enough with that and some dealer points that I got the CVO rear fender kit to mount the license plate. I do take mine on and off pretty often.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
You still have to buy the docking hardware to go on the bike. But I have seen these mounts, and they look nice.
Yes, good to point that out – you'll need the following:
a) Antenna relocator kit – OEM part: 76556-09.
b) Docking hardware (deutsch) – OEM part: 54205-09.

Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts