Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a tour pack and am looking at having the lights and speakers on it. But it will be a detachable unit. Looking to find out if there are some wiring harnesses available with quick connects that wire in the tour pack?

or will this need to be homemade.
thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
Following, I only put a power port in mine so far but it is definitely homemade.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I made mine. The speaker with come with harness, But if you want to add lights you might have to buy a new bigger plug and just move them.

That's what I did when I added the rear comms.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Sunsxribed. Be interesting what comes of this... I still need to get fine figured out.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I think Namz makes harnesses for this. I'm on their email list and believe I seen this recently on one of their advertisers.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I basically made my own harness. Bought a 6 pin Deutsch waterproof quick connect. Put the 4 speaker wires and 12v wires in there and made the connection under the seat by the batter. Lights was easy, bike already has a connector for the lights on the clutch side under side cover. it was pretty easy. Just needed a connector.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
So I basically made my own harness. Bought a 6 pin Deutsch waterproof quick connect. Put the 4 speaker wires and 12v wires in there and made the connection under the seat by the batter. Lights was easy, bike already has a connector for the lights on the clutch side under side cover. it was pretty easy. Just needed a connector.
The connector on the clutch side is the next to the programming port one right?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, small 3 prong black connector. It’s for running lights only on the tour pack.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yup, small 3 prong black connector. It’s for running lights only on the tour pack.
09-13. It’s under the left side cover coiled and zip tied to the antenna wire.
It will give you run and brake lights.
So this the same plug. You would think that it would be under the seat. More easier place to connect / disconnect. Not a good way to quickly connect / disconnect under there. Lots of fishing behind the frame...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
So this the same plug. You would think that it would be under the seat. More easier place to connect / disconnect. Not a good way to quickly connect / disconnect under there. Lots of fishing behind the frame...

It’s wrapped up like that cause it’s not used on a Street/Road Glide from the factory. Once you free it your run up under the seat and it’s always there. Simple. Lucky it’s there in the first place.
On the 15 up bikes there is a disconnect under the seat. But you’re jumping in line on that one.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Thanks. Never noticed that but maybe I need to look harder.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Thanks. Never noticed that but maybe I need to look harder.

Thanks.

I use to have a picture of the plug but cant find it now. But if you're familiar with the 3 pin turn signal plug, its the same one. It will have 3 wires, run/brake/ground. To get all the harness out from the antenna wire you'll need to cut back the wire sheath its in. Still pretty easy stuff.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So should The tour pack have brake lights? If so, mine isnt working right. I only have running lights. My friend told me only running lights too. I would have assumed brake lights as well. Help?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
So should The tour pack have brake lights? If so, mine isnt working right. I only have running lights. My friend told me only running lights too. I would have assumed brake lights as well. Help?
Depends on how you wired it. The 3 wire plug you are using is Run/Brake/Ground. The plug coming of the side makers doesn’t have a brake wire in it so you’d need to add it to the plug.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
You wpuld think that they would want run/ brake / ground / turn signals....

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You wpuld think that they would want run/ brake / ground / turn signals....

They did......On the Rushmore Bikes, 15 and up. You have to remember, the 08-13 full dressed bikes didn’t have turns on the Tour Pak from the factory. So it is what it is.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts