Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bit the bullet and ordered the 4-point docking system. Thankfully, I shopped around and was able to get a good deal on the price. The official HD online store wanted $550 for the quick disconnect system and another $100 for the wiring harness, I went through Board Tracker Harley and got the exact same stuff (HD part numbers) PLUS the little storage box for my lower fairings all for $610. The markup that HD puts is ridiculous but that's a topic for another discussion. Anyway, I digress. I know the docking system will be a pretty straight forward install but my concern is the wiring modification. Has anyone done this themselves with these parts? Are the instructions pretty detailed or is it fairly obvious what needs to be done? Any specific tools?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2017 RGU and wanted my Tour Pak detachable. I did the research of piecing everything I needed and the HD kit ended up being less expensive at List price and my dealer gave me 20% off when I went and actually bought it LOL. I don't know the diff between your and my bike. 2 things I couldn't find when trying to piece all the parts together seperate was the license plate relocation bracket (my original plate hangs from bottom of Pak) and the antenna relocator. I wasn't that concerned on the antenna relocator, I could fab a bracket myself and I'm sure I could find a cable, but the license plate mount was stumping me. Add to that the HD Kit was coming in at less cost. The HD kit included everything I needed, new lights to mount on the saddle bags for Run-Turn-Brake, the 4 point hardware, Tour Pak bracket, License plate mount, Antenna mount bracket, new Antenna cable, zip ties, new bolts, and even zip tie mounts to route the wires on the saddle bags. Installation was fairly easy, the instructions were OK, but I also had watched a video on Youtub of a guy who did the same thing.

https://youtu.be/PRK3smDqHmA

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got this done in the garage last night! It was actually pretty easy but time consuming making sure I did everything correctly. Thanks LazyDawg for posting the video it was helpful to watch that before I tore into it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I got this done in the garage last night! It was actually pretty easy but time consuming making sure I did everything correctly. Thanks LazyDawg for posting the video it was helpful to watch that before I tore into it.
My Brother asked me to come do his...What did you do with the wires for the TP once it was removed? Tuck underseat or?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes I left them coiled under the seat. I have read a few other places that if you leave them exposed they rub and cause paint damage. I figured so it takes me a couple more minutes to setup because I have to take the seat off. No big deal to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts