Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELL YEAH!

It's time to start making the plans and cement them into your calendars. The PA Meet and Greet, expanded for all of us non-PA types that like to ride out of state for lunch, has been planned and confirmed. Details are as follows:

The final date is 13 May and 20 May in case of rain. Meet at Harley-Davidson of Frederick between 11:00 and 12:00. At 12:30, we'll depart for a short ride for lunch. Lunch will be served by the beautiful ladies of the Tilted Kilt in Frederick. Afterwards, a couple of the ladies will be available for posing on your scoot. And, for the women, there will be a guy or two available in kilts for posing with the women. (Equal opportunity here!!)

If there is time and desire, I have a short ride through the countryside afterwards. Those with longer rides may not be able, but for any closer riders, Road Glides are about riding and Frederick offers some great back roads.

As we get closer, I'll post a poll to get an accurate number to give to the various places. Mark it on your calendars! Today, I spoke to Tilted Kilt's Manager Paul and HD of Frederick's Jeff Shadoan. Both look forward to our visiting.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
For anyone interested, there are some fantastic routes not too far from there. I ride the area around Frederick quite a bit, and would be happy to lead a group after lunch if anyone is so inclined. Y2KDave's familiar with my local rides, and he can vouch for their goodness. I'll even keep us on pavement.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For anyone interested, there are some fantastic routes not too far from there. I ride the area around Frederick quite a bit, and would be happy to lead a group after lunch if anyone is so inclined. Y2KDave's familiar with my local rides, and he can vouch for their goodness. I'll even keep us on pavement.
Had a nice little ride planned, but would be willing to defer to you.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Y2KDave's familiar with my local rides, and he can vouch for their goodness. I'll even keep us on pavement.
Ill vouch for this crazy man too!! :)
Most likely we will hit your house friday nite, I'm guessing Mischief, maybe bill, and we can round up Nordic Berserker too.....Maybe bang in on Monday???
I already blocked out Friday and Monday from any of my assistants taking the day off :grin: Im in!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I marked the calendar. Had a great time last year I would hate to miss it but that is a haul for me about a 850 mile round trip. But don't count me out!! I would need a rain free weekend will have to wait and see..

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hope you do make it. That bike was awesome to see last year.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New to the forum....Only a couple hrs away. I put it on the calendar.... It will be good to put some faces to some names
That's what it's about. We have touring bikes, so why not fly to a different state for lunch and back. Make it a scenic trip and take 17 to 15. Looking forward to meeting you and others.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I marked the calendar. Had a great time last year I would hate to miss it but that is a haul for me about a 850 mile round trip. But don't count me out!! I would need a rain free weekend will have to wait and see..
With that motor... You can make it in half a day :wink:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Heading up to Mass for family business will try and stop for lunch on the 13th, if that date is rain cancelled the 20th is out for me
Possibly ride back with Kevin (Glide69)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts