Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is not even Winter yet, but I am thinking of an early Spring lunch ride that might be a draw for folks from OK, AR, KS, and maybe even from KY and TN?

The Elbow Inn and BBQ is a Biker Bar in Devil's Elbow, MO. It is on an old, old section of US-66, just off an old section of 66. I've never been there, but I am told, by folks who have, that it is a great place. Women may want to bring an extra bra as they supposedly like to nail them to the ceiling.

It is real close to I-44 for those traveling a distance.

Just looking for interest at the moment, waiting for the Winter to pass and hints of Spring to appear.

Edit: Adding the Date/Times to the top of the thread.
Edit 03/10/13: Update Times.

Meeting at the Elbow Inn Bar & BBQ (click for map) in Devils Elbow, MO at 12:00 noon, on 04/13/2013.

I will be meeting anybody who wants to at Bourbeuse Valley Harley-Davidson (click for map) at 8:45 am, leaving at 9:15 on the dot (don't be late). If you are coming a distance to BVHD, stop at I-44 and the SECOND Highway 100 exit (westbound 100, exit 251). There are gas stations there. Then DO NOT get back on I-44, but take Highway AT south. That is one of the original US-66 sections and it will take you right past Bourbeuse Valley HD. We will make 1 stop on the way to Devil's Elbow in Vienna MO, which is about 1 1/4 hour away from BVHD.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would try to attend if no scheduling issues.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Only a tank of gas away, let me know schedule

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just got my RGC last month. Will be looking for some trips in the spring that are not too far away to get in the "touring groove" and this one you suggested sounds ideal.

Louisville Joe

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got my RGC last month. Will be looking for some trips in the spring that are not too far away to get in the "touring groove" and this one you suggested sounds ideal.

Louisville Joe
Get with Quicksand. He's from Louisville. Also, TracyB and FrankieB (and MyrtleB) are from Brandenburg. When the time comes, see if you can coordinate with them, if they are coming. It is always nice to ride with someone if you are not used to going long distance. Those guys ARE long distance riders.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Get with Quicksand. He's from Louisville. Also, TracyB and FrankieB (and MyrtleB) are from Brandenburg. When the time comes, see if you can coordinate with them, if they are coming. It is always nice to ride with someone if you are not used to going long distance. Those guys ARE long distance riders.
Sounds like a good plan--I will contact them all as Spring gets closer. And I pulled up Elbow Inn on the Internet. Seems to be quite a place!

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
953 Posts
Only a little over 200 miles for me and some great roads to take to and from. I'm in if the date works when that's decided. Great idea ONG.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm interested in this. Keep me posted when you get a date set.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Sounds good to me Boss has had my ass nailed to the house tearing off wallpaper fixing walls painting changing trim painting trim tearing out carpet new carpet in this week painting almost finished one more weekend and calling it quits until she starts on the Master bedroom and bath she thinks spring she thinks wrong!!!!!!!!! my ass will nailed to the shark ONG what took you so long to get this started your the pres of the meet and great club I been looking and thinking of the spring Arkansas meet and great II If it works out Big Jack we could head out together Got a buddy who just took delivery on a new cvo shark traded his sg so he should be joining the tank soon he might tag along.Damn this sounds fun I have a bad case of cabin fever! but Boss is happy house looks nice God I hate HGtV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Sounds good to me Boss has had my ass nailed to the house tearing off wallpaper fixing walls painting changing trim painting trim tearing out carpet new carpet in this week painting almost finished one more weekend and calling it quits until she starts on the Master bedroom and bath she thinks spring she thinks wrong!!!!!!!!! my ass will nailed to the shark ONG what took you so long to get this started your the pres of the meet and great club I been looking and thinking of the spring Arkansas meet and great II If it works out Big Jack we could head out together Got a buddy who just took delivery on a new cvo shark traded his sg so he should be joining the tank soon he might tag along.Damn this sounds fun I have a bad case of cabin fever! but Boss is happy house looks nice God I hate HGtV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds good to me brother!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Waiting for a decent weekend to go scope it. I've never been there. This Saturday maybe.

This time of year there is not much daylight, and it gets cold when the sun goes down, so it won't be good for those coming a distance. Subscribe to this thread and come springtime we'll get together.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Looking forward to your post on scooting trip.Nice to think and talk about something besides flow,texture,updating and that SOB Holmes on Homes hate that guy I'm in Big Jack did you break down and get your day makers haven't talked to Doug for a while going in and start looking to upgrade on shocks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Looking forward to your post on scooting trip.Nice to think and talk about something besides flow,texture,updating and that SOB Holmes on Homes hate that guy I'm in Big Jack did you break down and get your day makers haven't talked to Doug for a while going in and start looking to upgrade on shocks.
Yep I sure did. I love them but the wallet is still in shock. LOL

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Arkieglide called me last night, while I was at the dealer's for the HOG Chapter 30% off sale. I picked up a Garmin Road Tech Zumo 665. While I was talking to him, I was staring at a set of Chrome Daymakers. Could have gotten them for 30% off for someone, but the Zumo sort of drained my wallet.

30% off is less than what I got mine for, but I paid no shipping or sales tax.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Your wallet hurting mine fell of the physical cliff want to see my home depot
receipts and lets talk about flooring my wallet has been raped.On the upside the shark has got some catching up to do when my wallet gets out of rehab :D

1 - 20 of 235 Posts