Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving out in 3.5 hours from North East Ohio. Planning on getting in 300 miles and grab a hotel room for the night to make it easy. Then its tents for the next 7 days. Will be hitting Wall Drugs the the badlands. Then all the sites and highways. Final destination will be the KOA that you can see Devils Tower from. Not sure about the return trip. May go up. May go southerly. I'll post pics here along the way.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Wishing you a GREAT trip. I stayed at the Devils Tower View campground; best I remember, their breakfast was very tasty. Nice little mom and pop joint,(just fyi). Enjoy your trip man! O, and yes, I'm jealous! LOL

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Safe miles!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
John, here's hoping that this trip is both safe and adventurous. Make it an epic one and we'll be looking for pics along the way. Peace and traveling mercies!

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Enjoy, done that myself in 2007 and had a blast.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Day 1. 330 miles. We left from work at 3:30. Met my Brother in law and was on the road by 4. Little traffic in Cleveland. But the blue Angel's were practicing. So we got a free air show. The traffic was all the ass enders from people not looking where they were going. Then it was smooth sailing until 8 miles before our first stop. We watched lightning for about 50 miles and hoped it was heat lighting. It wasn't. We pulled into arrest area to put on the rain gear. It came down so hard we stayed the hour it took for the storm to pass. Decided to do a hotel for the night. Was a long day. Some more rain in the forcast but what's a run without rain?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
540 Posts
Safe travels!!! You'll have to give reviews of that seat cover, your windshield etc. after you get back home and let us know how everything performed for ya.

Enjoy the trip and thanks for the updates!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
A lot of rain so far. But it's not bad. Doing 70 most of the time. We just stopped for a quick break. 50 miles out of Iowa on 80.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Nice looking rides there. My buddy just bought a orange and black limited. I still love the shark though. Might as well get the rain part of the trip over with. Every road trip has to have rain. That is part of it. It's not the destination, it's the journey. Be safe and thanks for the update!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 150 Posts