Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've search to the best of my ability and can't find the answer thru google, HD sites and ofcourse right here..... so hopefully someone here can help. I'd like to know whats up before I go to the dreaded dealer.....

So yesterday out for an afternoon ride thru the Pa mountains my stereo receives a phone call from my cell number. (I know scammers have to ability to spoof a number) Then all of a sudden the stereo locks up and will not turn off to reset. I hit the mute button, see the count down, then the head unit flips back to the selection screen..... media, tuner, gps, xm, etc. Stop for lunch and on restart everything is fine....for about 10 miles. Then the security light comes on while under power riding. When I look down later, its out.

So get home and pull the codes, figuring Iam going to see something under the radio. Nope, but I see a code under BCM. Pull the number up (62223). But my confusing is that there is no prefix before the number, such as.....P or C or B or U. Searching for just a number with no prefix comes up empty, WTF?
Oh yeah....2015 Road Glide Special

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
B2223 would be a rear brake switch code.

Switch energized for more than two minutes at speed.
Just went and pulled the codes again, and yes I guess that is probably a b instead of a 6.
Looking back, it makes sense as I was behind a gal that, let just say she goes faster straight than in curves.
We were going thru some sweepers going down into a valley. And I remember being pissed, we where losing the group and I was riding the rear brake, trying to stay off her ass.
I'll clear the codes and ride

THANK YOU
Would the Electrical Manual have the codes, and if so do you know the part # for 2015 Touring?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Just went and pulled the codes again, and yes I guess that is probably a b instead of a 6.
Looking back, it makes sense as I was behind a gal that, let just say she goes faster straight than in curves.
We were going thru some sweepers going down into a valley. And I remember being pissed, we where losing the group and I was riding the rear brake, trying to stay off her ass.
I'll clear the codes and ride

THANK YOU
Would the Electrical Manual have the codes, and if so do you know the part # for 2015 Touring?
Clearing the code is the next step. Followed by a ride to see if it returns.

IMHO the electrical diagnostic manual is a must these days. That or a good relationship with your service department. No idea as to the PN for a 15. Take a look on the Harley online store. It might also be in the rear of your owners manual.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,819 Posts
Clearing the code is the next step. Followed by a ride to see if it returns.

IMHO the electrical diagnostic manual is a must these days. That or a good relationship with your service department. No idea as to the PN for a 15. Take a look on the Harley online store. It might also be in the rear of your owners manual.
Hey bud, just wanted to say that I'm always impressed with how willing you are to share what obviously must be many years of experience and knowledge of these bikes with all of us. You certainly add value to this forum. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts