Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 rgc. Just put a t-max a dragula and andrews 57h in over weekend ran well initially and the voltage is intermittently dropping and the the battery light and engine light came on and pulled code. The voltage comes and goes. Checked ground and it looks fine. T- max looks fine and like I said the battery light and engine light come and go. The voltage w t down to about 10.5 and then goes back up and then back down. This happens mostly when it is hot. Any ideas?

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
The P0562 is a Low Voltage trouble code. Most likely a bad connection somewhere. Could be a loose or corroded cable either at the battery or other end of the cables. Start with checking for good connections at both ends of the cables and apply some dielectric grease to the connections. Also apply some of the grease to the T-MAX connections and any other connectors you may have messed with while doing the mods.

According to the Service Manual, Low Voltage generally indicates a loose wire, corroded connection, battery and/or charging system problem.

I would start with the cable ends and see what you come up with after clearing the codes. If you still throw the code you can then move on to checking the rest of the system.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
T-max doesn't want Dielectric grease on the ECM plug But putting it on the 02 sensor connection is OK. Did you have the Voltage regulator serviced according to the HD recall?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The P0562 is a Low Voltage trouble code. Most likely a bad connection somewhere. Could be a loose or corroded cable either at the battery or other end of the cables. Start with checking for good connections at both ends of the cables and apply some dielectric grease to the connections. Also apply some of the grease to the T-MAX connections and any other connectors you may have messed with while doing the mods.

According to the Service Manual, Low Voltage generally indicates a loose wire, corroded connection, battery and/or charging system problem.

I would start with the cable ends and see what you come up with after clearing the codes. If you still throw the code you can then move on to checking the rest of the system.
Checked all the fittings and no issues. Ground and t max look good used dialectics grease for t max cleared codes and not sure what it could be could it be stator or regulator?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
T-max doesn't want Dielectric grease on the ECM plug But putting it on the 02 sensor connection is OK. Did you have the Voltage regulator serviced according to the HD recall?
Did the grease as you said but no I did not touch the regulator. Is there a recall?

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Thanks for that info on the T-max Mark, was unaware of that T-max fact on the grease. I wonder what their reasoning is.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
2012 has a VR recall and if your bike already had it done there have been times when the VR will just go out even after a VR replacement.The dielectric grease application is in the T-Max instructions.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
2012 has a VR recall and if your bike already had it done there have been times when the VR will just go out even after a VR replacement.The dielectric grease application is in the T-Max instructions.
Someone needs to inform the T-max Technician who is shown doing an installation video b/c he clearly states in the instructional video (1:15 mark of the video) to use dielectric grease on the connections.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mzgyOUAqb6M#!

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Checked all the fittings and no issues. Ground and t max look good used dialectics grease for t max cleared codes and not sure what it could be could it be stator or regulator?
Did the code reappear after clearing it? My gut instinct tells me its not your Voltage Regulator because you will usually get a P0563 (high voltage) code along with the P0562. I would think your issue is likely a bad connection somewhere or the stator is starting to act up.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SO called Lone wolf HD todaya and Spoke with Service guy Brent. Brent told me basically the website is wrong and it only views a date range for purchases, but the regulators are having alot of issues. SO i will take it in today and he will give it a look over nad see what the issue is. Thanks guys for the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts