Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read this combo ,Diamond micro 2v2 amp ,arc audio moto 602 speakers is a good 2 fairing speaker upgrade, for 2016 FLTRXS. I have amp, speakers & BT Rushmore wiring kit ordered should be in next week. My question is do I need some kind of mounting kit for the amp ? And can I use the stock speaker grills or would I have to replace them ? I would greatly appreciate any info. Thanx

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Zip ties are likely to do the job of securing the amp. My amp barely fit under the radio. It really didn't need to be secured. I hung it with zip ties anyway.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My zip tis have been going strong for over 2 years and show no sign of brittleness or wear.

Only reason I'm replaceing them is because I am going to retune the amp over the winter.

Also you can reuse the grilles.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
I used Velcro, as for grills, I wanted metal so I bought the Hog Tunes grills, look much better than stock IMO.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If the 2V2 is the same width as the 4V2 it fits like a glove between the radio bracket and headlight bracket tabs. So snug you don’t even need zip ties and can make adjustments without removing the amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I used Velcro, as for grills, I wanted metal so I bought the Hog Tunes grills, look much better than stock IMO.
I would agree that the Hogtune grills in metal look better then the stock grills, unless you paint the speaker grills Vivid Black like I did on mine.

I get asked all the time were I purchased my grills by other Glide riders.

Swomack

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have this same set up and have some install pics somewhere in this audio section if you want to take a look. it'll fit upside down below the radio at first I had it velcro'd and zip tied which worked fine. Grills will be fine but you will have to take the rubber surrounds off of the magnets.

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Put my diamond and 602 setup last weekend and the sound difference is crazy...I am thinking that I need to do some adjusting with the gain tho, havent tried it with the motor running... We'll see how it sounds out on the road tomorrow...had a wiring kit and the install went very smoothly

2 pics, one of the mess..another of how I mounted the amp; used velcro and zips...

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
you definitely want to tune it with the bike running

1 - 15 of 15 Posts