Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Not being a smart azz, but it really depends on what you’re running it with and why. Pure power? Sound quality? Size? Cost?

In a bike a lot of guys are looking for big power in a small package and that’s not always the case with hertz amps. May be an awesome fit in a car, but a bike not so much.

I run a diamond 4V2 in my 16 because it’s a great match with my 2 speaker setup. My 18 is 4 speakers and I wouldn’t even consider that amp for that application as it would be a total turd with that setup. Both bikes have hertz speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize that over combo matters, its a for a faring 2 speaker MPK 165.3 stock radio deal. rgs not doing any competitions just want it sound good while im going down the road

·
Registered
753 Posts
The 4V2 bridged in a heartbeat in that setup.
Ton of power.
Better than average SQ.
Fits like a glove above the headlight, no amp tray needed.
Reasonably inexpensive for that much power.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Not being a smart azz, but it really depends on what you’re running it with and why. Pure power? Sound quality? Size? Cost?

In a bike a lot of guys are looking for big power in a small package and that’s not always the case with hertz amps. May be an awesome fit in a car, but a bike not so much.

I run a diamond 4V2 in my 16 because it’s a great match with my 2 speaker setup. My 18 is 4 speakers and I wouldn’t even consider that amp for that application as it would be a total turd with that setup. Both bikes have hertz speakers.

Why not a 2v2?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Why not a 2v2?

It would work, but a bit light on the power to the hertz for my liking. The 4V2 bridged can push them full blast all day long without breaking a sweat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts