Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 roadglide 103. before cams had SE heavy breather, Bassani 2into1, SE Race tuner with canned map. Dynoe run before cams was 83.5 HP and 93.3 torque. After install of SE 255 and dyno time ended up being 94.2
hp and 117.8 torque. looks like a decent usable curve for touring and passing. let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Your numbers are great bordering on unbelievable, but that dyno chart is almost unreadable. That chart setup has to be one of the worst I ever seen. Nearly impossible to get any meaningful data from it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I thought the numbers were high but would like to think that realistically the tq number is around 110ish and hp is prob close. maybe its possible that the bike was built on a Wednesday, the pipes work real well, and the tuner is good. I don't know much about this efi but I think that out of a 103ci motor you should get be able to get 1 hp per CI and torque should be substantial with proper parts and good tuner. im old school so I don't know much about this new shit. I had to get it dynod because of the efi. I had the local dealer do the original tuning and it was a dog. after the cam job I drove it 2hrs away to a known tuner and he did the work. it definitely feels a lot better than it ever did. maybe im way out to lunch. I do know that the tuner that did the work has a good reputation and takes his time. they played with the bike for about 3 hrs off and on after the cams were done. he called me last night and told me numbers were looking good and he was still playing.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Yet again an example of how piss-poor presentation really screws with people's perception of reality. While that chart may be perfectly understandable to the dyno guy, asking Joe-public to read and understand it is another story, and really does nothing to help the dyno guy's reputation.
It's all about perception, first and foremost send the customer down the road with something he can use and understand. We don't ride a dyno, but give him a sheet that looks like crap and every time the bike hiccups he's gonna blame the dyno sheet, and the tuner.

Personally, I don't like the sheet because it starts too late. It's a street driven touring bike that probably rarely runs over 3500rpm, yet the dyno guy starts his runs at 2500 rpm, and by the looks of it, the bike doesn't run all that well even that high. Wouldn't surprise me if it bucks and sputters when running around town at 1500 rpm.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you blow up the dynosheet you will notice the barometer is at 26.xx it should be around 29-30. something which is why hte numbers are off it is correcting for somewhere in the 4 to 5000 ft elevation where the elevation showing is only 1200 ft.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
runs well, pulls hard, no decel pop, ( as far as riding around at 1500, well im not sure it will do that. as soon as I touch throttle its over 1500). anyways. starts fine, runs cooler and pulls hard. seat of the pants is there. im happy. I don't think its 117 torque but it definitely has lots of grunt. im happy

·
Registered
830 Posts
runs well, pulls hard, no decel pop, ( as far as riding around at 1500, well im not sure it will do that. as soon as I touch throttle its over 1500). anyways. starts fine, runs cooler and pulls hard. seat of the pants is there. im happy. I don't think its 117 torque but it definitely has lots of grunt. im happy
That is the important part! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts