Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had someone tell that you have to keep the green connector with the TBW.That does not make sense to me at all .......

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Mine is hardwired. I got rid of the connector when I changed out my bars from Yaffee to what I have now.

Rowdy

·
Registered
412 Posts
Are there any pics/info on how to remove the green connector (besides buying the CVO TBW, before all you smart asses jump in, lol)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I removed mine completely - gave me nothing but trouble when I internally wired 14" Outlawz. Just pulled the pins out of each side, cut them off, stripped 1/2 - 3/4" on each side, twisted together, solder - heat shrink each wire, then wrapped the bundle in electrical tape. No issues. Just keep track of which wire goes to which - on the "down" side you have 6 colors, "up" side you have just red, white and black. Getting them right is critical to functionality. I think Donk had a post that tells you which color is which, but just diagram it and you'll be ok.

Good luck,
G

·
Registered
477 Posts
I say hard wire it. I just did this last weekend. Find the Donk sticky and you won't go wrong. That green connector seems a little weak to me and it was going to be too hard to get it inside the bars with everything else.

EZ

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Mine is cut out also, just cut one wire at a time on both sides of the plug, splice the two wires together, solder the connection and heat shrink.

·
Registered
123 Posts
+1 on cutting it out. Just make a diagram of wires, grab your dikes and cut that puppy out. Solder it back together and go have fun.

Think of it this way. If at any time you have to replace your tbw sensor in future you will have to pull all the wires back through the bars anyway at least a little bit to get to connection so just eliminate one more problem by hard wiring it in

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bypassed mine and hard wired it. Somehow damaged the actual throttle. No worky. Went to Stealership to by new throttle and it had three foot wires on it ending in pins. Ran wires through, put pins in clip and BAM works great. Trial and error with me.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I didn't cut mine out but rather extended it so the green connector is outside the bars below the handlebar clamp. I can still unplug it if I need to pull the wires back through(like in replaceing the throttle sensor) without having to re-solder it. Also it allows you to unplug it to check the throttle sensor if necessary.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I didn't cut mine out but rather extended it so the green connector is outside the bars below the handlebar clamp. I can still unplug it if I need to pull the wires back through(like in replaceing the throttle sensor) without having to re-solder it. Also it allows you to unplug it to check the throttle sensor if necessary.
Good Idea.

·
Registered
18 Posts
man i wish i would've came across this thread earlier. i just installed my yaffe 10" and i left the connector in tact. didn't even think to hardwire it in and man was that a pain fighting with that stupid thing. i put a dab of superglue on the seem of the connector so it wouldn't come apart. everything works though, so that's a plus. just would've been easier and i would've saved a little more alcohol had i thought to hardwire it...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Great idea. Kinda wish I would've went this route.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts