Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some handlebars last week and I plan on doing the install in the next week or two before Laughlin River Run. I've had some injuries with my clutch hand and my grip strength after a little bit diminishes. I wanted to get either some Hoglevers or Kuryakyn Trigger Clutch And Brake Lever. The Hog levers look nice but are much pricier. The Kuryakyn on Revzilla say they fit up to 2016. I was wondering if they're is a difference between the two years and/or if I should just spend the exta money on the Hoglevers?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
From what I'm told. The only difference is motor, transmission and suspension internals. Everything else is the same. All the bodywork also. I'd call the dealer for part numbers of the 16 and 17. If they match up. You're good to go.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
There is a thread here somewhere that I read in the last week, that says that the 17 is a different lever than 14-16. It said what the difference was but I don't recall. I've slept since then. If I wasn't on the phone I'd look it up for you.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
There is a thread here somewhere that I read in the last week, that says that the 17 is a different lever than 14-16. It said what the difference was but I don't recall. I've slept since then. If I wasn't on the phone I'd look it up for you.
The thread said the 17'S have pins on both sides of the lever and the 16 are like the old ones with one pin and a roller insert.

Reactions: Tailbreaker

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The Roland sands ones are about $149 for the set . Had them on my 2016 they were good. The adjustable levers make a big difference. The 2017 clutch side is different the 2016 will not fit.
These are the 2016 RSD ones, well at least one version of them. Good news is simple install the switch is not an issue as it was in the past.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up. Would have found that out installing them. I'll keep my eyes out for some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts